Surgery on the 12th - Very uncomfortable

ginabob
on 6/14/12 11:27 am
RNY on 06/12/12
Ok.  So my surgery went well. I got out of the hospital yesterday. Trouble really started last night.
Still pretty bloated but I think I'm moving around enough to get things gone.
My biggest trouble is the nausea.
Last night I woke up after just a few hours sleep really sick to my stomach. I dry heaved for a while and felt better. But I was also running a fever (100.6) that took a while to go down.
Have also had diarrea pretty regularly.
But I am not able to get nearly enough liquids in so I am starting to worry about dehydrating.

Advice? Suggestions?
Normal?

Thanks much
-Gina
Leanne43
on 6/14/12 11:29 am - , Canada
RNY on 06/04/12
phone your doc's office if it continues  you don't want to lose that much fluid  and  the diarrea and nausea at least with my surgeon's team  said  you need to contact your surgeon if it persists.

wish you all the best of luck and your feeling better

Capt_Kirk
on 6/14/12 11:31 am - WA
RNY on 06/12/12
 I had surgery the same day as you.  A fever was listed as one of the "Call the surgeon immediately" items.  Especially with the fact tha you have nausea, etc.

Unfortunately for me, I can't seem to pas any gas or have a bowel movement since Monday.

I'm on my 4th cup of water and 3rd protein shake for the day.

I'd definitely call your surgeon to let him know whats up.
Amber Isbell
on 6/14/12 11:45 am - Devine, TX
Please call your dr.  fever and pain is on the list to call asap.

HW:280, Lap Band 2005-225lbs-LW, Revision to RNY 06/05/12 -245lbs

qnmimi
on 6/14/12 12:24 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
Dehydration in itself can cause nausea, and both are not uncommon for post-ops. You should call your surgeon, or go to the ER for fluids if either are uncontrollabe, or if your urine becomes very dark, or you don't pee for a very long time. I hope you feel better soon.

ginabob
on 6/14/12 12:30 pm
RNY on 06/12/12
Thanks everyone. All of your posts help.
I will call them in the morning and get more information.
Using my criteria that they gave me in my little post-op book the fever isn't high enough to be concerned about and I don't seem to be dehydrated... just miserable!!
-Gina
Most Active
Recent Topics