I know it's not a stall, but still frustrating!!

CindyKae64
on 6/17/12 9:55 pm
RNY on 05/22/12
I have read the boards and know that many people at week 3 out after surgery often think they have a stall and begin to wonder if surgery worked, I swore I wouldn't let things like this get to me! But I have to admit I am a little frustrated I weighed myselft this morning (I am only weighing once a week as suggested by my nut) and the scale is the same as it was last week. Now I know my body is adjusting and healing, so I understand that this is often normal, but I still feel frustrated. I have been following my plan and at this point I know that  I just need to continue to follow my plan and get my protein and water in, so the scale will once again move.

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

Lorrainecma
on 6/17/12 11:44 pm
 Trust that the weight will come off!!  It will, and it will be FANTASTIC!!!!  

Your life is gonna change! You are going to feel great! You are gonna buy lots of new cloths!!!
I have doubled my wardrobe all from the goodwill!!!  LOL.....I have been where you are, and YES it is frustratring, but you WIll get to the other side!! 

Hang in there,
Lora

CindyKae64
on 6/18/12 1:10 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Thank you for the reply, yes I understand this in my heart, but my head is telling me I should be frustrated! Even though I know the weight will come off, right now it seems so slow, but I know it is just my body making adjustments from the surgery and getting used to this change.

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

dan434
on 6/18/12 1:47 am - NJ
RNY on 05/22/12
i,m rite there with you same thing for me this morning it didn,t move but i kep getting alot of positive comments so that helps can,t let head do thetalking we,ll get there soon enough
keep the faith and have a great day dan

shellbell75
on 6/18/12 1:56 am
I did the same exact thing. Swore I wasn't going to be one of "those" people. But when it was my turn I was just as frustrated. I called my NUT and was saying "well, I could have lost 10 lbs without the surgery!" LOL  I KNOW it is easier said than done, but just trust in the process. As long as you are doing what your dr. said it WILL come off. (((hugs)))
**SHELLY**   HW: 316   SW: 256   GW: 125  CW: 118       

Bebhihn
on 6/18/12 1:58 am - IA
I've stalled twice in the last month, but the end of the first stall came with a 7 pound drop.  I'm in my second stall now, but my clothes are giving me better news than the scale is.  I've gone from a XXL to an XL in shirts and already have two pair of jeans that I can't wear.  Trying to focus on that more than the scale (though I obsess on the scale as well).  It'll happen, I trust it will for all of us!
Just When The Caterpillar Thought The World Was Over, She Became A Butterfly. 

--Proverb

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 76 views