1st NSV

CindyKae64
on 6/20/12 12:49 am
RNY on 05/22/12
I am right at 4 weeks post op and as many others have posted on here I have not seen the scale move in a week, I do not weigh daily, I weigh weekly. I have been trying to not let this frustrate me as I know it is normal as my body is adjusting. But I believe even though right now the numbers haven't changed in a week I believe the inches from my body have been reducing and this is why..on to the NSV..

This morning I pulled a pair of pants out of my closet for work knowing I had not worn these particular pants since my daughter was in high school (she graduated in 2005), in fact I don't think she even had her driver's license the last time I wore these pants. Anyway, I put them on thinking, "oh I am gonna try, but I know these will not fit yet" but THEY FIT!!! I am wearing them now and they are not tight and are actually fitting very comfortably!!!!

When I went out to the living room and told my husband all this he says "see and you didn't think anything had changed, you are losing! and quit worrying about those darn numbers on the scale!!! He is so smart!! But it is those old insecurities that creep up...and I guess some days it is still hard for me to believe that I am finally on this journey!!! Looking forward to more body and clothing changes!!!!!!

Thanks,
Cindy

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

april89love
on 6/20/12 1:05 am - NC
It is weird how our bodies change with the weight loss. Just keep up the good work and you will see that scale change. Many more nsv's to come!!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

courtwillbehealthy
on 6/20/12 1:13 am - burlington, VT
im waiting for this same NSV!!  good job :D 
devalissh
on 6/20/12 2:35 am - TX
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!
CindyKae64
on 6/20/12 2:49 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Thank you! It does feel good when you put on an article of clothing that previously was too small, snug, or just plain uncomfortable and it fits quite well.

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

soozieq
on 6/20/12 3:37 am
Same thing happened to me, Cindy!  I stalled at week 3 - I think I lost 1 lb. lol.. but I couldn't keep my pants up!  So I found a pair of old jeans in my closet that I were sure would be too small and I got them up!

At that point, I asked my husband to hide the scale from me.  He gets it out for me on Sundays so I can weigh in for the week.  It's been a HUGE relief not having to step on that thing every day and stressing myself out.
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
brenlee1965
on 6/20/12 12:03 pm - New Berlin, NY
WHooohoooo! So happy for you! Way to go.....can;t wait til I get my surgery and have this happen too me. Way to go!
 Bren                
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 303 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 75 views