Home from hospital

Kristina41
on 6/30/12 3:25 am
RNY on 06/26/12
Well - I'm home! And doing OK. I had surgery June 26th (Tuesday) and came home Thursday. The worst day was Wednesday when the pain was so bad in the hospital. And - can I just say, when I woke up from recovery, I didn't expect it would hurt that bad! All I could say was "hurts....hurts". It felt like no one was paying attention.
Anway, that part is over. I am home, doing OK. A bit sore. Moving slowly. Trying to sip water all day and move around.
I have found I really don't like the vanilla flavored UNJURY. Yuck.
I do like the Carnation sugar free chocolate, however. And this really funny thing is happening - I drink water all the time, but my mouth is always thirsty, even right after I take a drink. Has this happened to anyone?
I'm hoping each day to feel a little bit better. So far so good!
Kristina

crystalomac
on 6/30/12 3:32 am - Cincinnati, OH
Congratulations!!! I had surgery on Monday 6/25 and I was saying the same things on Monday and Tuesday - it hurt so bad.  I was released on Wednesday and I feel a little better each day.  I feel like my mouth is always dry and it's definitely going to take some time to get used to my new pouch... Good luck on this journey!!!!
april89love
on 6/30/12 3:32 am - NC
Glad you did alright with the surgery. Before long you will feel human again!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

JJ_
on 6/30/12 4:08 am
Welcome home.  Your body is probably a bit dehydrated.  My throat was also sore from the tube they put down it for surgery.  It took me about 3-4 weeks before my mouth was no longer as dry.  Once I was able to drink a bit more regularly and not just sip.

Judy
Cmtus
on 6/30/12 4:23 am - KY
RNY on 06/25/12
Congrats!  I had surgery on Monday.  I constantly have a dry mouth.  At night it is the worst!  I am choking down protein drinks but haven't found one that I like yet.  I keep trying to find something!  We should keep in touch and share our experiences!

Pre-surgery weight (at beginning of 6 month diet) 271, Pre- Surgery weight 259, Current weight 247. 

madeformore
on 6/30/12 9:16 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12
When I woke up in recovery, I felt terrible pain! I asked the nurse (or whoever it was who was next to me, since my eyes weren't even open yet) to hold my hand so I could pretend she was my husband. LOL. Luckily, I felt much better after that - have felt pretty good actually.

My mouth is dry all the time too! Drives me nuts! I wake up with cotton mouth in the morning and its so gross!

FYI - My surgery was 6/21 so I am only a week and a half out.

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Most Active
Recent Topics