Independence day...hard habits to break!

Cmtus
on 7/4/12 1:43 pm - KY
RNY on 06/25/12
 Today was tough for me... I am a week and 1/2 out and we went downtown for the parade and all the other activities...seeing all of the food vendors and unhealthy food options was so overwhelming for me. I wanted to run and stand in every line possible and get some kind of junk food. I definitely mourned the loss of all that crazy fair food today. 

I know it is probably normal but it was really hard!  I am so excited about starting this journey but this would be a hard day for me!  Just had to stick with my water bottle and then had some tuna when we got home.  All the while repeating to myself...."new way of life, new way of life!".  

Just had to vent. 

Pre-surgery weight (at beginning of 6 month diet) 271, Pre- Surgery weight 259, Current weight 247. 

LJ1972
on 7/4/12 1:47 pm - FL
I hear ya! My birthday was 4 days after surgery... had SF chocoalte pudding and played Wii / movies with my friends. At 2 months out was our county fair ... you know.. the one with the fried snickers, fried oreos, chicken on a stick, funnel cakes etc?
hang in there, it is worth more than any junk calories
Ladytazz
on 7/4/12 2:02 pm
Whenever I have those experiences I think about how I will feel later on.  An hour later it will be gone.  If I ate it I may feel sick, guilty, angry at myself, all kinds of things.  Or, if I didn't eat it, I probably would have forgotten about it and it would be all over.  Either way it will be over.  How do I want to feel?  Happy with myself that I resisted or angry with myself that I couldn't turn it down?  The choice is mine.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/12 11:40 pm - Bay City, MI
I was at work all day. So I was lucky to not even look at a piece of bbq chicken. I did think about it. I kept telling myself, "That made you fat." Maybe not the best pep talk, but it helps. The scale went down this morning... that would have never happened normally on July 5!

It'll get easier. I find mourning food at the beginning was the hard part. Find substitutes! It makes things much easier!
Example:

OJ - crystal light early rise
chocolate ice cream - sf pudding
Chips- edamame

Substitutes may not help everyone, but they sure help me. I feel normal.
Adrianne_Dawn
on 7/5/12 12:12 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
 It's the hardest at a week or two out but things do get easier.  

The funniest thing for me is I might be somewhere thinking "OMG that looks/sounds amazing" then I realize if I actually bought the item to eat that I'd pay 10-15 dollars for an item I'd take 2 bites of and be full. Hahaha,  What a waste of money!  This pretty much stops me in my tracks. 

But like I said above it all gets easier - and remeber the key to eating is to only eat when your supposed to.  I'm assuming that at 1.5 weeks out you are probably not even feeling hungry.  I didn't start having my stomach growl until 3 weeks out and some people don't even get that until months out if ever.  Mind over matter. ;) YOU CAN DO IT! 

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 480 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 403 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 161 views
Recent Topics