amybob
on 7/5/12 11:18 am
Well I have just begun this journey. I went to my  information session 2 months ago, and I have my first meeting with a nurse next month. Apparantely there are quite a few appointments leading up to the surgery. But I am glad that qualified. I am about 5ft 1 and weight 205lbs. I also have hypothyroidism and PCOS. I'm reallly excited and nervous about this. I have been trying to lose weight for about 8 years on my own now with various methods, but no luck.  I am now at my heaviest. I'm really sick of everyones negative response to my decision, so I haven't told a lot of people. I'm looking for advice, and anything that I should know before going into this.
Sara O.
on 7/5/12 12:32 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
Welcome and congrats on qualifying. This is a major decision, a lifelong commitment. I too have PCOS and that is the major reason I had RNY--I wanted to be healthier and one day have kids. If there was any peice of advice I could give you its this: Remember that the surgery is a tool, not a miracle cure. You have to commit to healthy eating and living for life, not just a year or two. But it really pays off. I'm 44 lbs away from goal and I've never been happier or felt more attractive. I can't regret this, never will. If you stick to it and truly commit yourself you too will be much healthier and happier.

Good luck. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 140 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 247 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views