Under 300! and head hunger

Kristina41
on 7/7/12 9:20 pm
RNY on 06/26/12
Well - I got on the scale this morning, and finally I am under 300! The scale has been hanging around the 300.4 mark for two days.
Very excited about this, because the last time I was under 300 was probably about 9 years ago or so.

On the other hand, I am still on the full liquids part of the diet during the two weeks after surgery and I am about ready to chew my own fingers off! I am not hungry, not really - it's totally all head hunger. I just want to chew something with substance! But, on Tuesday we'll start with eggs, and maybe a little chicken salad and see where that goes. Looking forward to it!
Kristina

WildHeart101
on 7/7/12 10:05 pm - Lexington, KY
The scale will move.  I remember the head hunger as well.  It is well worth the wait for when you start eating.  Eggs is a great start but alot of people can't handle them well, start slowly.  I started with a tablespoon of refried beans.  When I make chicken salad, I always use "light" miracle whip or mayo....Good Luck!!!
Cindy    *number on ticker includes 14.5 lbs lost prior to surgery                                                                                

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 7/8/12 4:09 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 Hooray for leaving the 300s! I know what a relief and joy it is to say goodbye forever to that number.

Of course you want to chew. Every nerve in your jaw is made for biting and chewing, and those nerves are connected to your brain. At that stage, every time I fed my cat her food was smelling pretty darn good to me. 

As everybody says, be prepared for your tastes to change. I used to like eggs, now I just do not want one at all. I used to like tofu, now I'm more carnivorous. Refried beans doctored up with cumin powder, salsa, and a bit of cheese are a mainstay around here.

Congratulations on breaking 300!

Most Active
Recent Topics