Is it possible to lose 218lbs?

ToNewBeginnings
on 7/10/12 9:31 pm
I beleive if YOU WORK with your tool you could do it. It's not a magic answer. It takes work.

(deactivated member)
on 7/11/12 1:08 am - Winter Park, FL
I feel it can be possible. I began at 356 lbs and I am currently at around 192 lbs 14 months out which is a164 loss,.. I personally plan on working hard at losing about 40 more lbs and I feel I can with Rny! Positive thoughts to u!
pittgal08
on 7/11/12 4:39 am
Great thread, thank you for posting ya'll. I have like 320 lbs to lose, and hearing your stories is very encouraging. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it all comes down to bein a partner with your pouch. Our pouches will do their job if we do ours.

Laura in Texas
on 7/11/12 5:52 am
Yes it is possible, but as others have said, there is no guarantee. I have gone from 340 to 135 (BMI from 53 to 21).

If you're planning on doing a 2-part surgery, the usual choice is the sleeve then DS.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

RPick67
on 7/11/12 6:32 am
VSG on 06/11/13
Thanks for all your responses.  I REALLY don't want to have a second surgery.  You've made me feel much more confident that this is possible. 

Cons. Wt. 394       Surg. Wt. 386        Curr. Wt.  311

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/11/12 6:36 am - OH
Sure, it's possible if you have that much to lose.  Many people lose close to or more than 200 pounds with RNY.  The DS might be a better option (and, as already pointed out, is usually what follows the sleeve since the sleeve creates the same stomach as the DS), and it has slightly better statistics than the RNY for overall weight loss and maintining the loss, but there are significant drawbacks to the DS (most notably, more vitamin supplements needed and a higher risk of nutritional deficiencies and related illnesses).  NO surgery is a guarantee that you will lose all your weight (even some people with DS ehave weigth issues) or a guarantee that you will keep it off.  That depends on you and how willing you are to change your lifestyle to support the habits needed to keep the weight off long-term.  Whether or not you can reach your goal alos depends on how realistic your goal weight is given your body type, how mcuh weight you have to lose, how long you were overweight, etc..  Most people who were SMO for many years still end up with at least a small amount of fat... but a small amount of fat is healthy.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 196 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 117 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 0 replies · 5 views
Recent Topics