Yep. I'm a goober.

L. Matteson
on 7/13/12 10:13 am
RNY on 07/02/12
I was supposed to start taking my vitamins yesterday. I went with Optisource. ANYWAY... How about I left them at my mom's house 4hrs away!!

Yep. That's right...

hours.
Away.

She sent them to me overnight this morning, so I should get them tomorrow.

Duh.

poet_kelly
on 7/13/12 10:17 am - OH
You know that with Optisource, you need to take eight a day, right?  Plus 1500-2000 mg calcium citrate, because they have calcium carbonate, which we can't absorb.  Plus B12 in a sublingual, nasal spray, or shot.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

L. Matteson
on 7/13/12 10:22 am
RNY on 07/02/12

Yeah, I brought the other stuff. Left the optisource!! I'm a raging lunatic.

I think there is a vitamin that is good by itself, you don't have to take anything with them. I can't remember what they're called. I want to try those next.

Do you know?

poet_kelly
on 7/13/12 10:25 am - OH
I don't know of any that is good all by itself.

With Bariatric Fusion, they have a combo of calcium carbonate and calcium citrate, but if you take eight a day, they should be OK as long as you also take B12 in a sublingual, nasal spray, or shot.  Although, to prevent the calcium from blocking the absorption of the iron, you'd need to take them one at a time, every two hours, to get all eight in.  That seems awkward and difficult to me.

I know of some other brands that claim to have everything you need in them, but if you read the label and compare them to the ASMBS guidelines, they really don't.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

L. Matteson
on 7/13/12 10:28 am
RNY on 07/02/12
Ok. Thanks Kelly! You rock! :)

brenlee1965
on 7/13/12 10:39 am - New Berlin, NY
I am thinking that Centrum Silver has most of the vitamins that I need. Other than Calcium Citrate & Iron with Vitamin C and B12, is that right?? SO CONFUSING
 Bren                
poet_kelly
on 7/13/12 11:26 am - OH
Yes, that's right.  But she was talking about a vitamin that had all of those things in it. There isn't one.

SoCaPinkLady
on 7/13/12 2:27 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
LOL  From one Goober to the other. Sounds like something I would have done!!!
Glad your Mom is so kind to next day them to you!!!!

What a great Mom you have.

Lori                               

Most Active
Recent Topics