Depressed

Amber Isbell
on 7/17/12 12:28 pm - Devine, TX
I had surgery on June 5th came home on June 7th.  Before the RNY was done Dr. repaired two hernias. 
It has been six weeks now and I am nauseous constantly.  Zofran doesn't work, phenergan (sp?) works but makes me do nothing but sleep!  Sarme with the Transderm patches. Of Course the Dr. has been informed and his solution was to go back to liquids.So, I have been on liquids now for 24 hours now.  Nothing, I am still nauseuos!!

I have pain every time i eat or drink anything.  I can feel it going down and then it hurts.  Dr. says to stay on liquids for a few more days.

I was admitted into the hospital for a six day stint for dehydration and low vitamin levelsand MRSA in an incision. . Got that all up to par came home feeling great and within two days back to the nausea.

I just don't know what to do.

I have ruined my daughters summer, becasue I am unable to take them anywhere, becasue of the meds for nausea.  I thought for sure I'd be done with this and on to a better place in my life.
My girls have volleyball two-a-days and volleyball camps beginning July 30th.  So, we have know to do anything "Fun" becasue I can't drive!!!!!

I am so sad and frustrated right now.

I think I am going to call the Dr. and ask him to admit me again for pain and nausea. 
Any suggestions would be great.

Please dont beat up on me for the way I am feeling.  It is what it is and I already take meds for depression and anxiety.

HW:280, Lap Band 2005-225lbs-LW, Revision to RNY 06/05/12 -245lbs

katikati
on 7/17/12 12:44 pm - Eads, TN
VSG on 02/06/13
I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time.  That really is the pits.  I'm sure this has been explored already by your doctor, but I guess it never hurts to ask.  Do you still have your gallbladder, and if so, has it been checked?  I know that the nausea can be an after-effect of surgery, but your symptoms sound much like the ones I'm having, which is why I'm having a HIDA scan in the morning to see if my gallbladder is functioning.  I am pre-op, though, so I know many things are different after surgery.  Just thought I'd put that out there.  I really do hope you feel better soon.

tgrlnh
on 7/17/12 1:06 pm
RNY on 06/05/12
I had my surgery the same day as you and the only time I have nausea is when I eat too much which doesn't sound like your case. Have you ever had solids? Could it be a blockage? Did they check for leaks? Perhaps it is your gallbladder? What about appendix, is the pain on you right side? If I were in your shoes I'd feel the exact same way. I hope a veteran reads this and replies with a better idea or explination, I'm sort of grasping at straws. Good luck and keep me posted.

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

littleskie
on 7/17/12 2:00 pm - freeport, TX
RNY on 08/19/09 with
Ask a favor of a family member or a friend to take your daughter to the fun places. She may really appreciate going with  someone other than you. She can talk to someone else, with different experiences and outlooks on life.

Medically, well i'd go sit at the e.r. and refuse anything unless they wanted me to be triaged. I went hom once without seeing the triage nurse and was billed sixteen hundred. Crazy. But hospitals do have payment plans. So that could be very helpful.

I was workking and needed gall bladder surgery. Th case worker put me on medicaid long enougjh for me to go get the surgery.. Otherwise i'd have had to go to the hospital in galveston. They have a charity hospital there, but I didn't want to be away from my two sons. So I stayed locally and got it renoved. that was back in 99. So i'm guessing it worked....lol

Met my first goal, met my second goal, met my surgeons goal. Now I have a new goal!

devalissh
on 7/18/12 12:34 am - TX
have you tried only taking half of the phenagren.  my friend is on those and it did th same thing to her and her doc told her to try half the dose instead of the full dose.   Praying you find some releif.

JenniferER
on 7/18/12 2:54 am - MI
I am so sympathetic.  I too had the most horrific nausea of my life. I could feel it through my whole body even down to my feet if that makes sense.  I was also repeatedly admitted for dehydration. I also developed MRSA but that was from a picc line down the road. 

What finally helped was a drug called domperidone.  It is actually a compound that a specialty pharmacy had to make.  It is an old drug and really seemed to help.  Also the picc line helped me get adequate nutrition and hydration.  It let me build up to eating and drinking super slowly so that may be an option for you as well.

Whatever you do, please know that you are not alone!  Feel better and know that this stage IS only temporary!!!

Jennifer ER   VSG 6/29/11  RNY 10/26/11   

Jen V.
on 7/18/12 8:08 am - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12
 (((((hugs))))) I hope you are feeling better soon!