No eNergy.. Suggestions please

Caidkin
on 7/21/12 12:59 am - Canandaigua, NY
RNY on 07/02/12
 I had my surgery on 7.2.  Zero complications!  Spectacular surgeon and hospital staff.  Off pain killers second day home.  Everything has been great!   I'm getting approx. 70-80 g of protein a day and getting more than enough fluids.  Water goes down great!!!! I'm so thankful for my wonderful post op.  

Last week I was doing great!  Took my kids to several summer activities, I went back to work this week.  But the last couple days I am dragging!!!! I WANT to do stuff, I WANT to get up... But my body wants me to stay in bed and chill.  I hate it.  I have two young children.  I was a serious coffee drink pre op, but weaned down to one cup a day per nuts suggestion.

So what's the deal?  Any suggestions????

Ty!!
Just had my RNY on 7.2.12!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!         
Dave Chambers
on 7/21/12 1:07 am - Mira Loma, CA
Decafe coffee was ok'd by my surgeon.  Yes, lack of energy is not uncommon for newer post ops. Take all of your supplements, get in the 60g+ protein (probably almost all protein shakes now), drink your 64 oz of water or more, etc. Things do get better with time.  The first couple of months can be a little rough for some post ops.  Your physical feelings at this time are one of the reasons that HELP/Support is needed the first few weeks post op.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

christinalee
on 7/21/12 1:14 am, edited 7/21/12 1:15 am - At Home in, NH
Ummm, let's see. Today is July 21 and you had surgery on July 2...19 days ago, and you don't have any energy. Well d'uh! You had major, major, life-altering surgery 19 days ago and you are thinkin' that you should be back to normal. Yep, it ain't going to happen yet. And yet is the operative word. You will heal and you will get your energy back, but for now listen to what your body is trying to tell you: slow down, let me heal, let me have the energy I need to heal, don't rob the healing energy by being too active. That is what she's trying to tell you....please listen to her.

I know that you WANT to do stuff and you WANT to get up (well you should be up anyway but just moving relatively slowly), and you WILL...just not at 19 days out.

I think for me it was a major shift at about 5 weeks out...all of a sudden, POOF!, I was energetic and feeling better and able to do stuff. I went back to work at three weeks, but it took a couple of extra weeks of listening to what my body was telling me (and obeying her) before I really got the "energy" back.

You will too, because you are doing GREAT with your protein and your water and stuff. But remember you had major, major surgery (it's just all on the inside and not on the outside) and your body is letting you know she needs to heal. Listen to her, obey her, and prepare for a wonderful, wonderful ride!

"Just keep swimming." ~ Dorrie

poet_kelly
on 7/21/12 1:40 am - OH
I think it's just a normal part of the recovery process.  If you have other symptoms, like dizziness and headaches, you might want to call your doc and ask to have your iron checked.  But it's probably just part of the recovery process.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JUSTJUNQUIES
on 7/21/12 5:02 am - Citrus Heights, CA
RNY on 04/04/12
On July 21, 2012 at 7:59 AM Pacific Time, Caidkin wrote:
 I had my surgery on 7.2.  Zero complications!  Spectacular surgeon and hospital staff.  Off pain killers second day home.  Everything has been great!   I'm getting approx. 70-80 g of protein a day and getting more than enough fluids.  Water goes down great!!!! I'm so thankful for my wonderful post op.  

Last week I was doing great!  Took my kids to several summer activities, I went back to work this week.  But the last couple days I am dragging!!!! I WANT to do stuff, I WANT to get up... But my body wants me to stay in bed and chill.  I hate it.  I have two young children.  I was a serious coffee drink pre op, but weaned down to one cup a day per nuts suggestion.

So what's the deal?  Any suggestions????

Ty!!
I didn't get ANY energy bac****il 10 weeks out , my husband used to tease me that the it was time for bed when the ice cream truck came down the street , which was usually about 7 p.m.
Seriously it was weird.
I still am tired a lot , and have a hard when I am out , I feel all hot and clammy and feel like I need to go home...FAST....not sure why that happens

Donna Q. --5'8" -60 years old
Band 2005
hw320 sw276 lw with band 195 gw 160-180? 
Bypass 4/4/2012
pre sw 258 lw RNY 162 cw 203

Jen V.
on 7/21/12 7:29 am - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12
 My first two weeks I had a ton of energy. Then at week 3, I all of a sudden got tired all the time. I have been resting up this week a bit more. Just today I started to get my energy back. I had my surgery June 29th. My doctor told me that I would lose my energy around the one month mark.

Caidkin
on 7/21/12 10:01 am - Canandaigua, NY
RNY on 07/02/12
THanx for all the responses... It's good to know this is normal.  This is why I love these boards!!! 

The exhaustion comes out of nowhere, crazy.  Today was a better day though.  I just can't believe how well I'm healing.

Just had my RNY on 7.2.12!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!         
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 263 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 140 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?