Restriction Doesn't Last Forever?

MsBatt
on 7/22/12 1:42 am
I LOVE this explaination! I bet the kids in your classes love having you as their teacher.
chatterpam
on 7/20/12 1:39 pm - PA
While there will always be some restriction, what does happen as time goes by is that you begin to be able to eat almost anything you could before surgery. What I am finding at just over a year out, is that it is actually becoming more up to me to maintain my 'diet' and less about what the pouch can handle.

Then you add in Lady Lithia's wonderful formula for villi regrowth and beginning to absorb the macro nutrients at around 12-18 months.

So... what I am trying to say is that while the restriction will be there - this not an all inclusive "fix". We must do our part every day to make sure we stay on track or the weight will come back. This is the case with ANY weight loss surgery... there are ways around them.

sugarbabyhoneypump
kin

on 7/21/12 8:23 pm - IN
 My surgeon told me that your pouch will normally be about 4x it's size over time.  Still much smaller that it ever was before.  So there will always be restriction.  But of course not as much as just post op.  Heaven help us all if we could only eat 2oz of food per meal for the resto our lives.  He said it is about the size of a golfball immedialy post op and  would be the size of four of them put together when it's at it's final size.  What this time period does allow is for you to put into practice healthy eating habits that will last a lifetime no matter what size your pouch is. The dietician told me to imagine eating about the amout of food you'd put on a child's plate for dinner.  It's still plenty for most adults to eat.
~~Sonya~~
(Roux-en-y 07/05/2012) Heighest Weight/Surgery Day Weight 240lbs     
Most Active
Recent Topics