Still waiting for a date.....

Jenya37
on 7/20/12 1:22 pm - Cloquet, MN
I received my approval letter three weeks ago and called the surgeons office to see about scheduling a date.  They told me they would be getting back to me.  I got a call fro the business office and pre-paid my deductible two weeks ago. I still haven't heard from them yet to set a date.  I am getting so anxious and excited.  I am so impatient,  I called again today, left a message and no call back yet....hoping I hear something on Monday!  Will I have some say in the date, or will they just call and say this is when it is?

Jennifer

MultiMom
on 7/20/12 10:41 pm - NH
You are far more patient than I would be!! PERSONALLY, I would have been camped out in the Dr's office 2 1/2 weeks ago until they gave me a date ........  My date was set before I actually had my approval. The office staff knew that my requirements were fulfilled in regards to my specific insurance and what the approval time frame was.

Good luck!!

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

brzmom
on 7/21/12 12:13 am - MO
RNY on 08/08/12
I went through the same thing!  I am not a patient person!  I know the office I go to is busy but a simple email or call back shouldn't be that hard right?  It took them a week to call me back to schedule my first appt with the Dr., then when they did call I got an appt within days!  I did have some say in the date but since I had to have extra test before my cardiologist would clear me my date got pushed a week after I wanted to have it done so I went with the first date they had available which was 30 days out!  Not to mention that I am self pay so I don't have to wait for any of the insurace stuff and they are supposed to "fast track" self pay patients but that really doesn't seem to happen!
courtwillbehealthy
on 7/21/12 12:20 am - burlington, VT
 i called everyday untill they gave my my date 4 days after my approval. ;) hehe 
mg220
on 7/21/12 1:27 pm
RNY on 08/08/12
It took a little while after I got my approval letter for my sergeons office to contact me (maybe about a month). When they contacted me, they gave me a date (August 1st) which has now been changed to August 8th because I got lyme disease. I was pretty impaitent playing the waiting game and can really understand how you are feeling. But I will say this - Once they contact you things will most likely start moving pretty fast. Youll be going for your pre-op testing probably and preparing for surgery! Good luck!

-Meg
Most Active
Recent Topics