How long did your pain and nausia last after surgury?

marty69
on 7/22/12 9:54 am - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
So I will be two months post op on the 6th of august and I am STILL using meds for nausea and pain. At times the pain gets really bad. (but I am seeing the dr monday about that.)
  What i am wondering is how long did it last for other people? I want to get to walking an getting on with my life. But this is setting me back. (very frustrating.) I have about 250 lbs left to loose and really want to be able to get exercising and going.

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

juleskar
on 7/22/12 9:58 am
I was pretty much pain free when I left the hospital..yes, if I moved wrong, I definitely felt it, but it wasn't continuous. Nausea?? I felt nauseated at least 3 months. I had an EGD twice (no stricture) and was on carafate during that time. Glad you're seeing the doctor! Hope you get some relief soon.
JennLyric
on 7/22/12 10:06 am
 Hi Marty:

I didn't have any nausea (thankfully) and my pain was from my drain.  Now I get little knocks and pings, but nothing terrible.  

Very glad you're seeing the doctor and will look forward to hearing how you're doing.  Everyone heals very differently, so it's good that you're checking on it and not just going by other peoples' stories of healing.

Be well.
Jennifer
cajungirl
on 7/22/12 10:09 am
Can you explain the pain and where it's located? Surgery pain shouldn't be there at 2 months but I do wonder if you don't have an ulcer or something else going on?

Some are more apt to have nausea even further out I experience nausea several times a week usually. Glad you are seeing your doctor.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

marty69
on 7/22/12 10:21 am - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
The pain is lower abdomen. It seems to happen for no rhyme or reason. I can have water one day the next, ugh hurting, and sick. I have been trying to track it but can't figure it out. I sure hope the Dr can help me. I had a huge abscess an clot fallowing surgery and was in 16 days. I wonder if that has any affect also.??

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

GraceGirl
on 7/22/12 10:36 am
Gosh so sorry you are not feeling well. I would call your surgeon. I was pain free since the day after I was discharged. Only discomfort I had was rolling over in my sleep.

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

Jen V.
on 7/22/12 11:11 am - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12
 I am sorry you are in pain this far out from surgery. It really does not seem right. Hopefully your doc can figure it out. I was off pain meds the day after surgery. I never had any nausea. I do not think I am typical though.

SaraBurns
on 7/22/12 11:14 am - Newton, IA
RNY on 06/05/12
my pain lasted until the 3rd day in the hospital. so i only needed the pain 1 time a day just to get me through the day the pain was nothing that bad until the surgery and it did get better after the 3rd day. the nausea i had that only when i was in recovery room after surgery and that was the only time that i had that problem

Surgery 6/5/12
Dagne Tripplehorn
on 7/22/12 11:42 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
 I took my liquid percocet for about three days after I got home. There wasn't any severe pain, but I kept on top of it. I had mild nausea in the hospital, but I don't remember needing any nausea meds at home. I've felt nauseated three times since surgery, and those were due to my overeating or eating too fast. I've never thrown up. (knock wood)

On2BetterThings
on 7/22/12 1:09 pm - Germantown, WI
RNY on 04/03/12
Nausea till about 3 months.. pain gone after few weeks
    RNY 04*03*12

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 286 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?