Tylenol??

L. Matteson
on 7/25/12 9:23 am
RNY on 07/02/12
I'm having some back pain, and I was just making sure Tylenol is ok to take. My docs office is closed, so I can't call them up and ask.

poet_kelly
on 7/25/12 9:24 am - OH
It is OK for RNY patients, but I don't know if you have any special issues that would make it bad for you.  Someone should be oncall at your doc's office if you need to call to ask.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

L. Matteson
on 7/25/12 9:26 am
RNY on 07/02/12
Ok, Thanks Kelly.

SaraBurns
on 7/25/12 9:34 am - Newton, IA
RNY on 06/05/12
when i asked my doctor abot taking tylenol, he said that i should take childrens tylenol.. but i would ask your surgeon if i were u

Surgery 6/5/12
MrsLitch
on 7/25/12 2:01 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
be careful with sugar in children's tylenol I bought some and after reading the label am scared tot ake it I don't know if I dump and that is not the way I want to find out.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Cgustavus
on 7/25/12 10:54 am - North Fond du Lac, WI
RNY on 08/23/12
I was told for the first month or so to take liquid tylonlol 
  ~Christopher

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

GraceGirl
on 7/25/12 10:58 am
Really? I was swallowing pills in the hospial

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

Dee.spunk
on 7/25/12 11:07 am - Sacramento, CA
It depends on your surgeon. Some say it's fine, others say no. We were told it was fine. I take it in pill form just fine.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Lady Lithia
on 7/25/12 2:51 pm
My doctor had us visualize the cross section of a pencil. he said "This is the size of your stoma, if you have a pill that is smaller around than a pencil, then you can take it, if it's bigger, for the first two months cut it in half, and if that isn't supposed to be done, get it re-prescribed in a format that allows for smalller pills or cutting in half"

When I get sick, I either take tylenol cold & flu or, when I couldn't find that one year (?) I ended up taking nyquil gels.... not the syrups. There is NO cough or cold syrup that doesn't make me dump. Don't knwo why, but they all make me twice as sick in a matter of moments. But the nyquil gels (day or night) work. And I remember checking (but should check again before I buy more) that they didn't have anything but a tylenol.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

SaraBurns
on 7/25/12 11:44 am - Newton, IA
RNY on 06/05/12
i dont know that is what my doctor had put me on.. and the surgeon said that was a good idea.. but i am 1 and 1/2 months out from my surgery and i am able to take my vitamins and they are pill forms and the calcium citrate is a big one and it goes down ok

Surgery 6/5/12
Most Active
Recent Topics