Insurance for the self pay patient for post op ???

ready2be140
on 7/25/12 2:33 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
My sister and I are on the WLS journey together.  I am fortunate that my insurance does cover WLS and I am in the approval process right now (so excited) but for my sister, her insurance plan does not cover...our doc had mentioned that their might be insurance out there that can be bought for about $2000 to cover post op surgical needs...has anyone heard of this...can you direct us in the right direction? 
poet_kelly
on 7/25/12 2:35 pm - OH
I think there is something called Bliss that would cover post op complications.  Your sister's insurance plan should cover stuff like post op labs, even if it doesn't cover WLS, as long as the doctor ordering the labs uses the correct insurance code.  For instance, there is a code for "surgical malabsorption" and a code for "intestinal malabsorption."  The doc can use the "intestinal malabsorption" code instead of the surgical one and her insurance will probably pay for them.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

ready2be140
on 7/25/12 2:37 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
 Thank you Kelly - I will share with my sister!!  
Most Active
Recent Topics