Fat, Sick and Almost Dead

crystalomac
on 7/26/12 3:23 pm - Cincinnati, OH

Tonight I watched the documentary Fat, Sick and Almost Dead - what an inspiration!  Has anyone else seen this?  What did you think of it?  It reminded me of our pre-op diets and what we will need to do for the rest of our lives to maintain an active healthy life style. 

If you haven't seen it and you have netflix take a look at it.  Have a great evening all!!!

Darcy S.
on 7/26/12 8:48 pm - Clinton, CT
Can't wait to see it! RNY gave me my life back! I feel so great, like I did 15 yrs ago and I am grateful!

Decision made weight 265  SW 249 CW 153  9/4/12 next goal 145lbs  OMG                                

tgrlnh
on 7/26/12 9:17 pm
RNY on 06/05/12
I've thought abou****ching it a few times but have been puttin it off. I need to rest this afternoon so I will definately give it a go.

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

plum21
on 7/26/12 9:52 pm - Miami, FL
 I've watched it and tons of other documentaries about food and organic food and the industrial food complex. Once you watch one or two netflix will recommend a ton more to watch. All amazing. And these films definitely reinforce good eating habits. I haven't eaten fast food since I saw supersize me and I'm way off high fructose corn syrup since King Corn...

But I don't think juicing is actually good for us RNYers, is it? I think it would go through too quickly to provide us with the nutrients we need. Does anyone have better information on this?

I would love to try juicing, if it'll do us good.

poet_kelly
on 7/26/12 10:31 pm - OH
We absorb nutrients in our small intestine, not our pouch.  Juice would go through the pouch quickly but it would not go through the small intestine any faster than food would, so we'd absorb nutrients just fine.

However, it wouldn't keep us feeling very full since it wouldn't stay in the pouch long.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kcarlson0814
on 7/27/12 2:10 am - CA
RNY on 09/10/12
Funny my Dr. just suggested that I watch it...  I will definately give it a go.
HW: 300 / Lapband Low: 247 / RNY: 9/10/12          
Kmtuwnnabe
on 7/27/12 3:22 am - GA
RNY on 05/11/12
 I found it very informative. I agree with Kelly that it wouldnt stay long in the pouch,but for someone that is very early pre-op maybe they could do this to lose a little weight before their pre-op liquid diet. My sister watched it and went out and bought a juicer...she has yet to use it lol. But if you have the 30 some odd dollars a day to juice...I dont see why you wouldnt give it a try.

kidnamedtoad
on 7/27/12 2:04 pm
It's an amazing movie!  Can't believe it worked out so well for him.  But....his cir****tances were different. He needed to "re-set" his body. And it worked. Good for him.  It did make me think about doing a 3 day juice fast but adding in unflavored protein powder. 
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 362 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 116 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 195 views