HELP I JUST SWALLOED A CHERRY PIT!!!!!!!

marty69
on 7/26/12 1:14 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
o.k. i cant believe i swallowed it! ugh! I already called the Dr. they say to call back in the morning unless it "bothers" me. what the???? I am 8 wks post roux en y . if i cant eat sticky rice or fresh bread an a the other things cause they may get stuck whats this gonna do!? I am freaking out, esp sense this is my first week feeling back to normal sense surgery. (i had some complications.) any ideas on the matter folks ???? I don't know which i feel nuttier for doing trying the fresh cherries (which was nice till now.), or swallowing the stupid pit!!. 
                                  thanks for listening.......

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/26/12 1:26 pm - OH
There really isn't anything you can do about it now.  Your stoma is actually large enough for the pit to pass through (if ti was not as big as a small cherry pit, we would all have an extremely difficult time getting any food down and would constantly be getting things stuck).  Since you are 8 weeks out, you shouldn't still have any swelling that would prevent it from passing through the stoma into the intestine.  It likely already has (especially if you have had something to drink since then) and you just don't know it. 

The problem with things like rice, bread, pasta, chicken, etc,  is that even after you chew it well, it can still stick together and form a glob at the bottom of your pouch and block the stoma.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

marty69
on 7/26/12 2:18 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
thanks I honestly didnt know the size of the exit hole. feels like it scratched my throat on the way down. i have been drinking water ok .so it must be alright.

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

jbuntyn
on 7/27/12 12:17 am - apple valley, MN
i have been craving cherries...so my ? to u is did you peel them? I am 7 weeks out and eating most normal foods.
~JENN~

carolina_girl69
on 7/27/12 12:30 am - NC
RNY on 07/12/12
Someone on the boards suggest the diet cherry limeade from sonic,If u want something with cherry flavor or craving cherries try that.I bought one yesterday its okay but it took me all day to drink it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 293 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views