Liquid Diet Concerns (TMI)

uscfan05
on 8/1/12 5:47 am
RNY on 08/20/12
I start my 2 week liquid diet on Monday and I'm not afraid of being hungry the first few days, I'm not afraid to leave my food behind but I am so afraid to be afraid of having a messy mishap happen.  I mean I'll only be taking in liquid and even the nurse said for the 1st day or 2 that i probably will have diarrhea but will it last the whole two weeks.  I'm just afraid of being at work and messing myself.  Ugh!  Any help on this or what you went through on your liquid diet would help.  Thanks so much!

GraceGirl
on 8/1/12 5:53 am
I did it for 4 weeks I did not have any messy mishaps. It was more liquid...but I definatly had time to get to the restroom.
Post op....another story lmao never trust a post op fart haha first few days were interesting, they said it was normal.

"If you're interested in achieving success, you'll do what's convenient. When you are committed to success, you'll do whatever it takes."

uscfan05
on 8/1/12 5:55 am
RNY on 08/20/12
LOL!  I'm not too worried about post-op since i'll be at home but since I'll be doing that 2 week liquid diet while still having to work I seriously am afraid of a mess.  

Thanks for the tip on post-op though, didn't know that so now I know to watch out for that. 

Frances S.
on 8/1/12 5:58 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 You've got quite a bit of intestines full of food you've already eaten.. I doubt you'll have diarhea.  I think your BM's might become less frequent though.  I had a 2 week liquid diet and the only time the diarhea hit was when it was supposed to.. during the colon prep the day before surgery.
juleskar
on 8/1/12 5:59 am
Same as GraceGirl..I didn't have any diarrhea due to my liquid pre & post op diet. The hardest part for me was the carb detox. After about day 3, all was well. Congrats!! You're almost there!!
MrsLitch
on 8/1/12 5:59 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
I never had any issues with the preop diet. Not even a close call.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 8/1/12 6:06 am
I had no issues with the liquid diet and diarrhea.  There is enough protein in what I ate to keep that from being a problem. I was on Optifast for 6 weeks with no problems.  After surgery on clear liquids,  that's another story.

Winnie

CindyKae64
on 8/1/12 7:06 am
RNY on 05/22/12
I didn't have a problem with that in my pre-op diet.

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

stephkaz
on 8/1/12 9:47 am - IL
 I am a week into the diet, and have had diarrhea more than once this week.  Maybe it is just my system or the particular brand of protein powder the doc has me on.   I think I am in the minority though.
You, I've mistaken for destiny, but the truth is my legacy is not up to my genes...

brenlee1965
on 8/1/12 10:16 am - New Berlin, NY
Well.....my doc doesn't do this liquid diet thing, but I think I would take an extra set of clothes with me to work, if you think that may be a problem. Good luck!
 Bren                
Most Active
Recent Topics