Cash Patients?

Jennifer39
on 8/4/12 2:07 am
So unfortunatly my insurance does NOT cover ANY "obesity related procedures". I will NOT let this stop me. Has anyone else been a cash patient? Any suggestions for medical loans?

Thank you!!!
laura_vermont
on 8/4/12 2:14 am
 When I took my intro classes, they offered a "package price" to self-pay people that was all-inclusive.  That was about 4 years ago, and they charged $20,000.  There are reputable out of the country providers who are less expensive too.  

Good luck, I hope you can find a way to make it work.

Laura
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

april89love
on 8/4/12 2:17 am - NC
I went to Mexico and had a great experience. It was $12,000 all inclusive. My doctor taught at UCLA medical school for 2 years doing this procedure. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

cajungirl
on 8/4/12 2:18 am
There are some medical loan companies out there. One is Care Credit.

What about a 401k if you have one you can borrow against it and pay yourself back with interest.

I was a self pay be sure to find out what the self pay price includes. Some have gone to Mexico with good care and prices. If that is an option ask lots of questions you want a good doctor with clean facilities. Some are not.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Carmen C.
on 8/4/12 3:04 am
RNY on 08/08/12
I used First Health Funding, fast, easy, and loan out - even with BK and bad credit. high interest though. I had a 50% copay so it was allot.

Had RNY on 8/8/2012- revision from Gastric sleeve in 12/2008-  
LOST 5.8 POUNDS POST-OPT

Bren0430
on 8/4/12 5:16 am - Canyon, TX
RNY on 05/11/12
 Also negotiate with the hospital. My grand daughter needed a MRI and we got a $3000 test down to $600. I called the hospital where I work & they called back the next day with that #. We were shocked. Ask, all they can do is say no. Some hospitals don't take care credit so ask first befor you find out the day of surgery. 

texan gal
on 8/4/12 6:14 am
RNY on 02/29/12
I used Care Credit. 

My physician charged $18,500 and that included everything, even the hospital stay.  The only extra charges I had were for the anesthesia and barium swallow/x-ray the next morning.... and insurance covered those! 
OH2012
on 8/4/12 8:39 am - OH
Sorry, I don't have any suggestions.  However, I was wondering what happens if insurance doesn't cover this type of procedure and there are complications.  Since complications are likely unrestricted medical issues, the insurance company would likely cover them - but might there be something that wouldn't be covered?

(If I wasn't supposed to piggyback off of your post, please advise.  It was this post that prompted that question for me).

Best of luck to you.
Jennifer39
on 8/4/12 8:52 am
Thank you guys for the speedy responses. The hospital im going to does NOT take care credit (who only approved me for $5,000 anyway) and they do not have a "bundle" price either. I REALLY like the staff here but im affraid the bills are just going to pile in. I kind of want to find a place in New England/New York area that has a "bundle" price so I can finance this and finally start my new life!

chokofeva
on 8/4/12 12:45 pm
 maybe find an insurance that does cover it.....kaiser maybe?
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 233 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics