Got a copy of my labs....

Alicia F.
on 8/8/12 3:03 am
RNY on 04/16/12

I got a copy of my labs… I’m just shy of being 4 months out…  Doc says I’m ok… but here they are:

VITAMIN B12 – 643

FOLATE – 11.0

IRON – 47

SODIUM – 136

POTASSIUM – 3.6

CHORIDE – 99

GLUCOSE – 78

BUN – 6

BUN/CREATININE RATIO – 9

CALCIUM – 9.4

BILIRUBIN – 1.1

PROTEIN – 6.8

VITAMIN B1 – 106.9

VITAMIN D – 31.5

Yay/Nay?  

poet_kelly
on 8/8/12 3:18 am - OH
Your vitamin D is super low.  According to the Linus Pauling Institute, we need that to be at least 80.  So you need some big doses of D3.

Your B12, iron and protein are all kind of on the low side.  Not a big problem at this point, but you don't want them to get any lower.

Are these all the labs you had done?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Alicia F.
on 8/8/12 3:55 am
RNY on 04/16/12
No, i had a huge panel done.... just put the 'important' ones.... 

poet_kelly
on 8/8/12 3:55 am - OH
OK, just checking.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Alicia F.
on 8/8/12 4:00 am, edited 8/8/12 4:01 am
RNY on 04/16/12
I've had problems getting ill with some of the vites I've been using and my dad who had GBP 2 yrs ago let me try his Celebrate vitamins and I loved them! didn't make me sick.... Plus, Doc said Flintstones were good, but I know they dont provide what we need so I've been using others.
But, I should have a nice big box sitting on my front porch when i get home.

also have had a huge problem getting protein shakes down, they too make me sick...

I ordered their multi, iron + c, calcium, protein, protein bars....

Now, with the iron, i can't take that with the calcium, right?

poet_kelly
on 8/8/12 4:04 am - OH
Right.  Calcium and iron need to be at least two hours apart.

Alicia F.
on 8/8/12 4:59 am
RNY on 04/16/12
Thanks Kelly!

Chihuahuan
on 8/8/12 10:42 am - New York, NY
RNY on 05/16/12
One other thing I have noticed (all I do all day long is read medical records) is that not all labs use the same reference numbers for the ranges of 'normal.'  I'm not sure if it depends on the machine brand they use to do the analysis or what but make sure to check out the Numbers in ( ) at the end of the line and it will tell you where you are in the range of normal for each value.  :o)

Most Active
Recent Topics