Chinese Food

Hollie313
on 8/13/12 9:23 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
It has been months and months since I've had any.  I used to always order Sweet & Sour
Chicken.  I'm guessing that probably won't work for me, anymore.  So....what do you order
when you eat Chinese food out?

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

soozieq
on 8/13/12 2:28 am, edited 8/13/12 2:29 am
Chicken and Vegetables or Broccoli Beef.  These are the items that I'm most confident in that contain zero sugar.  Things like Bourbon Chicken, General Tso's, Orange Chicken, Sesame Chicken...  the sauce has sugar in it.  Char siu (bbq pork -- the stuff that's red?) has sugar in the glaze they roast the pork in.  Obviously the noodles are out like lo mein, or anything with a wrapper like won tons, dumplings, and egg rolls.

Egg drop soup is another safe alternative.
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
sumueulu
on 8/13/12 9:35 am
Me and chinese food are not really friends anymore.
Beef with broccoli used to be my favorite, but lately I dump everytime I eat it. The sauce has too much sugar in it, especially at Pei Wei.
I'm hoping you get some good suggestions, I'm eager to know too!
Sarah
chatterpam
on 8/13/12 9:35 am - PA
I get moo goo gai pan and skip the rice. I also love hot and sour soup. My fav place for it is PF Changs... it only has 70 calories, 9 carbs, 2g fat in a cup.. Total yum!

artroxy blue
on 8/13/12 9:37 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Moo shu might be good to try. It's steamed veggies and protein of choice--just don't eat the pancakes that come with them. ;)
soozieq
on 8/13/12 9:37 am
I forgot to mention egg foo yung!
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
Sara O.
on 8/13/12 9:39 am - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
Beef & broccoli or green pepper steak is always good.

NHPOD9
on 8/13/12 9:49 am
 Do you know if you dump?  I think a lot of Chinese has hidden sugar, even in dishes that don't seem like they should.  Further, some folks dump on fat, so keep that in mind as well when you go. Can you go with a group of friends and nibble off a bunch of dishes just in case it doesn't sit well with you?    

For the record, I tend to get Egg Drop soup and Egg Foo Young.  However, I can only now (at over a year out), eat a small bit of Chinese, as the fat/sugar combo usually makes me pretty ill. 

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

PamelaNJ
on 8/13/12 9:58 am
Steamed shrimp or chicken with broccoli or mixed vegetables. I order it without sauce or rice. So, it is basically just your protein and veggies.  You can add a little soy sauce if you are not salt-sensitive.  Not very exciting, but it won't cause you to dump! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Working on becoming a healthier me!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/13/12 10:01 am - Baltimore, MD
In the beginning the only thing that didn't make me sick was egg drop soup or hot and sour soup.

Now I get egg foo yung with no rice. For some reason everything else makes me violently ill. Although I keep forgetting to ask for no MSG which I think is the culprit.
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 290 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 283 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 215 views