experience with foamies?

monkeymom
on 8/13/12 2:35 pm - WA
RNY on 07/11/12
ugh, anyone get these often or from eating certain foods?  tried chicken salad from costco this weekend, starting eating it and then just major pain in mid-chest.  couldn't get anything down.  into bathroom and just spit up.  ya know - trying to get that burp or whatever seems stuck up and out?
looked at label and realized, wow there is fructose corn syrup and other junk in here.  going back to making my own.  felt better when junk finally came up, then burped. 
so, not sure if it's gas getting stuck or the chicken or dressing on it....
then at a bridal shower yesterday, made myself a scrambled egg with some string cheese.  thought, no problem.  same thing happened, couldn't finish 1 egg, and foamy crap coming up.  took a while of walking around to get the burp out or wait for stuff to settle in pouch.
note to self, moister food is the way to go, no problem with other things. 
remember previous posts on rotisserie chicken, don't do it again and must have salsa on eggs!
:)  let me know if you've gone thru this or have certain foods that you avoid.  thanks all!
MrsLitch
on 8/13/12 2:45 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
I've had it 3 times. Once I think it was the milk in the product I bought premaid and didn't realize was in there the other two times it was meat (pork). I'm not sure if it was too dry, too big, or I didn't chew well enough.

From what I've read and experienced the foamies are your saliva that can't pass through your pouch due to the food blocking the exit into the intestines. You constantly swallow saliva all day long but if there is no where for it to go it backs up til it comes up.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Dee.spunk
on 8/13/12 3:39 pm - Sacramento, CA
Make sure youre chewing your food up all the way. Also, measure what you eat. Sometimes your pouch is full, but because your nerves were cut, you dont feel the fullness until it's to late. Many people have that problem with both chicken and egg. So I would stick to foods that are a bit more moist.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

juleskar
on 8/13/12 9:20 pm
If I don't chew my food really well and eat slowly, I will get that ectoplasm stuff
monkeymom
on 8/14/12 10:10 am - WA
RNY on 07/11/12
thank you all!  yes - it is icky ectoplasm stuff!  LOL!
moister foods going down no problem, will cook my own chicken now. 
:)
Most Active
Recent Topics