Advice on jitters before surgery please

hporter27
on 8/14/12 10:22 am
The morning of surgery goes by so fast, it is all just a blur now.  I had never had surgery before but it turned out fine.  You will probably be really tired the morning of surgery (I did not sleep well the night before plus I had to be at the hospital super early), so you won't really care that much when you get there.  The nurse takes you back to the surgery waiting area and you change into your gown, then you wait in a bed and the nurse goes over some paperwork with you.  The surgeon came by to see me and the anesthesiologist came in to start my line.  When it was time for my surgery, they wheeled me into the operating room and helped me onto the table and then put a mask over my nose.  That is all I remember.  The next thing I knew I was waking up in the recovery room and it was all over.  You are on pain meds so you won't feel much. 

If you are really nervous when you get to the hospital, just tell the nurse and they will give you something for it.  You will be fine and happy you did it when it is over.
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/12 10:27 am
So normal.  I must have changed my mind everyday!  I too never had surgery so I was scared...  Believe me, you are in good hands with your doctors when you go in.  Once Monday is here and get the surgery done you will be home in a few days and can start your life that you have wanted!   Jane
MichelleNC
on 8/14/12 11:14 am
 Surgery is a scary thing. My first was emergency gall bladder removal and it wasn't bad because I was in so much pain whatever they had to do I let them. My 2nd was a hernia repair...I had a meltdown on the table tried to rip out IV's the surgeon came in held my hand while they gave me happy meds and I chilled out! I gave birth 4 times unmediated and I made it during each contraction thinking I am one step closer to having my baby in my arms. You will be scared that is natural but are you thinking life obese is how you want to stay? No so we are doing something about it. It won't be a walk in the park but just think a year from your surgery the couple days maybe even weeks of pain feeling icky won't even register. Living life how it was meant to be lived is all you will be concerned about. Don't let your fear overwhelm you think of the positive. As far as passing the time go shopping buy some goal outfits, look in stores you never shopped on before, make a goal board, have some walks with friends, go grocery shopping for your supplies, most of all stay positive you will do great!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

uscfan05
on 8/14/12 1:32 pm
RNY on 08/20/12
Thanks everyone, I really do feel better now.  Much calmer.

Congrats Alazalea to you girl, we are almost on the loser's bench!

bjenpaul
on 8/14/12 5:24 pm - IN
I just had my Thursday.  it was great and I am doing great! It is aweome to get it over with! I programed all my tvs to record  different things so i could watch them wwhen i got back home i have watched alot of them. Make sure you have all the food you can eat.Lots of soup anf drinkable yogurts. I love popscicles! Good Luck
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 289 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 280 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 144 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 211 views