It's been a long road, but. . .

longhornrose
on 8/16/12 8:00 am - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
I'm finally approved!!!   After failing my psych eval (well, being asked to get some counseling before the psychologist signed off on my surgery), getting the recommended counseling, and jumping through all the hoops I needed to jump through, I got approved by insurance within a couple of days, and now I'm waiting only for my surgeon to give me a surgery date.  And of course, I'll need pre-op visit, 2-week diet instructions, visit with nutritionist, etc., but that will all be a piece of cake compaired to the last several months!

For the record, in addition to getting the counseling - which has been a big help and blessing, btw - I've taken up crocheting at night (a great way to keep one's hands out of the cookie jar - or refrigerator, or pantry, or whatever!), begun frequent journaling, started going to the gym for water exercise, logging everything I eat on MyFitnessPal.com, weighing and measuring my food, and reading every WLS book I can get my hands on.  I'm still waiting for the reality of it all to set in.  I suppose once I get my surgery date and pre-op appointment, it'll happen.

Anyhow, that's my news, and thought I'd share it with all of you.  This site and all the people who post here have been so much help to me, in getting prepared, in helping me not get discouraged through this whole process, and in seeing what my future can hold.  Thanks, everyone!  

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

Turtle Lynn
on 8/16/12 8:03 am - New Castle, DE
RNY on 05/29/12 with

Woooooo Hooooooooo!!!!  Congrats, that is awesome news!!!!!!!!! 

HW 287, GW 150,  CW 168   ** Band to RNY 05/29/12 **

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? Join us-Lightweights Board

Melyssa S.
on 8/16/12 8:15 am - Lauderhill, FL
RNY on 06/12/12
 Awesome! Great news! 
poet_kelly
on 8/16/12 8:18 am - OH
You sound really well-prepared.  I"m glad you were able to use the extra time for getting so much done in addition to the counseling.  I bet things go well for you.  Good luck!  When's the big day, do you know?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

longhornrose
on 8/16/12 9:25 am - South Texas
RNY on 09/13/12
No actual date yet, but they said it will probably be the second week of September.  Right around the corner! 

Consult WT: 312   SW274   CW: 244

Kelly L.
on 8/16/12 10:01 am - San Jacinto, CA
 Yay! IMO, that counseling will probably make you better prepared. My process was very fast.. I didn't have many hoops to jump through.. I think this might have been a little smoother for me if I had a harder time getting to my surgery date lol... I wish you all the best.

HW 274. CW 129

Jewelsstevens
on 8/16/12 11:11 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
Congrats! My date is Sept 18th. Our dates might be close!

Jenn D.
on 8/17/12 12:39 pm - CT
RNY on 01/29/13
Congrats! Can't wait until I get a date!
BTW, I love to crochet! If you ever want some free pattern sites, just let me know! It completely zones me out while I do it, a great escape!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 289 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 293 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 333 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 286 views