6 months out with Pics!

Grace S.
on 8/16/12 7:40 pm - WA
RNY on 02/07/12

I am just over 6 months out.  I have lost 97lbs total, 73lbs since surgery.  I went from a 3x-4x top and 24 pants to a 2x-1x top and 14 pants.  When I was a pre-op I loved looking at pictures of how far people have come and I wanted to share my pictures too.  Sorry they are so big, I will work on that.  I am usually on OH daily, just don’t post very often.  I went through a time when I wasn’t on here at all and I have found myself slipping into some ugly habits.  I am committing to being on here daily and holding myself accountable, even if I’m not posting daily.  I have been doing great with my vitamins and water, but I have cheated with sweets and lattes.  I am committing to cutting these out as I did before.  I also need to get my butt in gear and exercise.  I have a lot of excuses as to why I don’t do more, but they are just excuses.  I did so great when I was trying to lose weight for the surgery so I need to get back into that mindset.

Some days are better than others.  Some days I’m on top of everything and feel really good and then there are days that I’d rather not talk about.  I have a lot more energy and I have more confidence.  There are days that I feel like I haven’t lost any weight, then there are days that I surprise myself when I look in the mirror.  I am still surprised that I can feel my collarbone!!  No idea if I’ve ever been able to do that.  Today I not only shopped at Fred Meyer (before I didn’t fit in any of the women’s clothes, even the plus size) I shopped in the normal size women’s clothes!!!!!!  I would have this surgery again in a heartbeat.  My labs and stats are great.  My blood pressure is perfect.  Huge change from before.  I am excited to continue on my journey and see where I end up.  I am committed to staying healthy and handing these healthy habits on to my children so hopefully they can avoid the lifetime of obesity I have endured.  I am so grateful to have had this surgery and to be part of such a great community as OH.  Thanks to everyone who posts because you inspire and help everyone *****ads your posts, even if we aren’t part of the conversation!!   

My journey and crazy life:  http://scholtzie.blogspot.com/         

RNY: 2/7/12  

Grace S.
on 8/16/12 7:45 pm - WA
RNY on 02/07/12

Had to share my kids!  This is us a couple weeks ago.  I can't believe the change in my face when I look at pictures.  These guys are my inspiration.  I had this surgery for me, because I want to see them grow up and have families of their own.  Ok, I'm done :)

My journey and crazy life:  http://scholtzie.blogspot.com/         

RNY: 2/7/12  

never2late4change
on 8/17/12 7:00 am - Virginia Beach, VA
RNY on 07/18/12
Congratulations. You look great. I know you are proud and Im sure your beautiful family is enjoying the new and improved you.

Highest Weight: 283.6,  Post Op Weight: 273.6, Goal Weight: 160 lbs 

martitalinda
on 8/17/12 7:07 am
 You look absolutely fabulous ... FABULOUS!!!! .... your children are wayyyyyyyyyyy too cute ... what a beautiful family ..... 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

MC83
on 8/16/12 7:49 pm
RNY on 04/28/12 with

artroxy blue
on 8/16/12 7:56 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Way to go! 
SoCaPinkLady
on 8/16/12 7:57 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

Lori                               

RPick67
on 8/16/12 8:30 pm
VSG on 06/11/13

Congrats on your weight loss success.  Your kids are adorable too!!!

Cons. Wt. 394       Surg. Wt. 386        Curr. Wt.  311

scarlettbegonias
on 8/16/12 8:47 pm - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12
Wow, you look amazing!!
Ksan32
on 8/17/12 1:03 am - AZ
 The smile says it all! Congrats.

I am currently at 130 lbs 10 pounds below goal weight!

Most Active
Recent Topics