OT - Graduate School... at 54... am I too old? Can I do this... SKEEEEEEEERED!

kidnamedtoad
on 8/20/12 11:41 pm
I'm right there with ya girl!  I am 46 and going back to school on Monday to get yet another Master's degree.  This time in school administration. I want to run my own school someday.  I'm not so worried about the coursework but more for getting sloppy on my diet.  Also this time around I have a 7 year old son. So it's going to be quite a juggling act for the next two years. I got a partial scholarship but the extra 10k in loans  is scary too since I'm still paying off my undergrad degree and my first post grad degree.  You can do it.
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
chatterpam
on 8/22/12 12:28 pm - PA
I want to thank you guys with all of my heart. Self-doubt has been one of those nagging things that I am still dealing with from the past. I teach my clients about how important having supports are to their mental health recovery... I need to heed my own advice. Again, sending love to you all!

BWB
on 8/22/12 12:39 pm
 Your're not to old, if anything it will keep you young.  I have re-invented myself many times and I feel like a 45 year old.The world needs people with experience and that will be you.  Good luck and keep us up-to-date.

Paul C.
on 8/22/12 12:41 pm - Cumming, GA
 Of course you are to old but who gives a crap about age preventing us from doing anything right?

So screw how old you are/aren't and go for it!

I'm to fat to take on an Ironman but I am not letting that stop me.

So get with it and get to School!

I think you should watch the movie "Back To School" to see that age shouldn't have anything to do with school.
Paul C.
First 5K 9/27/20 46:32 - 11 weeks post op  (PR 28:55 8/15/11)
First 10K 7/04/2011 1:03      
      First 15K 9/18/2011 1:37
First Half Marathon 10/02/2011 2:27:44 (
PR 2:24:35)   
First Half Ironman 9/30/12 7:32:04
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/12 12:48 pm
You are 54????????????????????????????  It will take you approximately six years to finish and when you do you will be almost 60???????????????

One question.  In six years, if you don't go back for the degree you have always dreamed of having, how old will you be? 

Worrying about age is for wimps, and you my Dear Lady, are certainly no wimp.

Vicky
(deactivated member)
on 6/28/23 1:32 am

thats a greate idea! I wish you good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics