I'm so looking forward to my poached egg next week

artroxy blue
on 8/22/12 5:42 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 It's the little things, really. I cannot wait to be done with protein shakes...ok, I know I won't be done with them, but at least trying to incorporate real foods again. I'm planning to make some chili, too, which will make my husband super jazzed. 
Price S.
on 8/22/12 5:47 pm - Mills River, NC
I remember being SOOOOO ready for each diet phase change.  I totally understand.  Just remember that in the grand scheme of things, these weeks are just a drop in the bucket of your life and very important.  You will be eating everything soon enough.  You are doing great!!

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

artroxy blue
on 8/23/12 3:16 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Thank you so much! I'm just excited to finally move past shakes only. LOL
fireflymkz76
on 8/22/12 6:08 pm - Blairsville, GA
RNY on 07/24/12
 Ooh I know, I was super ready to be off liquids!!!
check out my blog: http://alwaysl8totheparty.blogspot.com/      
Esta F.
on 8/22/12 8:10 pm - IL
RNY on 07/25/12
I know exactly how you feel.....you will love that poached egg!!!!

Sara L.
on 8/22/12 9:50 pm
It's interesting, I loved eggs pre-op.   Now I don't really like the way they feel in my pouch.  Don't be surprised if you don't love your first post-op egg.  There are a couple of things that don't appeal to me now, just because of the way they feel in my pouch.  I didn't like chicken at all for about 6 months, I kept trying and trying, and finally I like it again.  Eggs still don't taste good to me.  I'm not wild about wine either.....just doesn't taste good at all anymore.

You will have to keep trying new foods and figure out what works for you.  I am almost a year out and I still have a protein shake every morning after my workout as a "meal replacement" for breakfast.  I tasted a ton of different kinds of protein and found some that I liked and it makes all the difference.  I get up around 5:30 every morning, have the shake around 7:30 and I am good to go until lunch around 1:00.  Sometimes I have part of a Quest bar mid morning....but the shake is usually enough.

I loved the food stage changes too, I remember my first ricotta cheese bake....and the refried beans with cheese.  I pureed some homemade chili and some homemade vegetable soup....it was divine!!!!

Sara in Maui

Kelly L.
on 8/22/12 11:00 pm - San Jacinto, CA
 Like the other poster suggested... Don't get too eggcited (lol) about that egg... It might not be your friend. Take a bite and WAIT....... WAIT....... Ok take another. I hope you do enjoy it.. I remember how much I was looking forward to my first one too... 

HW 274. CW 129

artroxy blue
on 8/23/12 3:18 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 LOL I'll keep that in mind.

I remember when I was pregnant, I could not even stand a whiff of any cooked eggs for the first half of my pregnancy. It just made me gag. I'm hoping the egg and I will have a beautiful relationship again post-op. 
65rosesmom
on 8/23/12 7:06 am
 I am right there with you.  6 more days and I can add purees.  Soooo dreaming about egg salad and shrimp salad and something, anything, other than pudding and shakes.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

sugarbabyhoneypump
kin

on 8/23/12 7:52 am - IN
I can't wait to be off of mush and on to real foods. The biggest thing I miss is variety at meals. I want a salad so dang bad! I also miss having a piece of this and a bit of that. But when you only have 2oz to work with, it's just impossible. I'm not a fan of pureed meat so I have stuck with canned tuna and chicken and things that are naturally soft.
~~Sonya~~
(Roux-en-y 07/05/2012) Heighest Weight/Surgery Day Weight 240lbs     
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 156 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?