So very tired of liquid diet.

Rebecki65
on 9/1/12 4:30 pm - OR
RNY on 08/20/12
I am almost at the end of my post-op liquid diet.  Starting Monday I can add 1/4 cup of either mashed potatoes, Low-fat cottage cheese, or egg beaters.  This is considered the "very soft stage".  Then after two weeks I can move to the "soft stage", which is where I get refried beans.  Then after two weeks of that I go to a regular diet.  I know it's just two days away to the next stage, but I am SO SICK of sweet stuff, i.e. protein drinks (which I can hardly gag down now), puddings, jellos, popsicles, and the like. 

*sigh*  Just had to vent.  I knew it would be tough, but there is no where else to vent frustrations.  Everyone else just says "you chose to do this."

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!      
HW: 243  CW: 157  SW: 217
RNY: 8/20/12  Age: 48 Height: 5'3"

I've lost 86lbs!  Lost 90, but the honeymoon phase is over.  Now the real work begins!

65rosesmom
on 9/1/12 4:35 pm
 I was too!!   The liquid diet part is SOOOOO hard, even with out hunger, I was weak and miserable.   But last Tuesday and I was finally allowed scrambled eggs and it tasted AMAZING.   Now that I've integrated a bunch of pureed/soft foods I'm feeling so much more satisfied at meals, I'm not quite as angry and bitter (LOL) and I'm feeling so much better.   hang in there, you are sooo close.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

ready2be140
on 9/1/12 4:57 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
 I am on my post op liquid diet-yesterday and today was the first time I got protein in-I try to mix it up every hour or two so that I don't drink the same thing-from water to broth to juice back to water and now protein and next crystal light-I tried jello but it didn't sit well with me but I will try it again tomorrow...congrats on making it out of phase one successfully (or soon to have made it)
Missy A.
on 9/1/12 5:04 pm - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
I know exactly what you mean. I am 2 weeks 1 day post-op and don't see my do****il Tuesaday to get cleared for the next stage. The shakes are too sweet, the jello upsets my stomach and I only allow myself 2 Popsicles a day, so I'm waiting for the next stage anxiously. Although, I'm not sure how I will be able to handle puréed foods either. The thought of it just makes me gag. So hopefully when I talk to the doc he will let me skip puréed and go to soft foods. I can only hope.

Just hang in there, you can do it!

Missy

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

Rebecki65
on 9/1/12 5:40 pm - OR
RNY on 08/20/12
Thanks for all of your support!  I wish that I was able to add more foods, but those are the only three new things I get for another two weeks; mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, and egg beaters.  *sigh*  I know that some people on here get way more than that.  I'm just whining though.  LOL  It will go by and I'll just have to be creative I guess!

At least with the mashed potatoes I can add seasoning to spice things up!

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!      
HW: 243  CW: 157  SW: 217
RNY: 8/20/12  Age: 48 Height: 5'3"

I've lost 86lbs!  Lost 90, but the honeymoon phase is over.  Now the real work begins!

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/12 5:42 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
I am so with you on this! The shakes are fine but I was dying for something else. The protein soup that I liked before the surgery doesn't taste so great now-and it made me too thirsty! I don't get to have pudding or jello, but those weren't exactly fave's of mine before.

Enjoy those mashed potatoes, cottage cheese and egg beaters and know that someone will be envying you!
tgrlnh
on 9/1/12 5:50 pm
RNY on 06/05/12
On my post op liquid diet I would go to sleep and dream of hamburgers and pizza. The frustration is tough but each stage brings new things. Stick wh it hun, it gets better. Have you tried cream soups like low fat cream of chicken made with skim milk? Thats will atleast give you something that isn't sweet.

HW 351 SW 314 CW 140 ~ Surgery Day 6/5/12 - The first day of the rest of my life!

worldzmine2
on 9/1/12 8:50 pm
My surgery will be wednesday and by day three post op my surgeon says I can eat pureed food like scrambled eggs and tuna. Anyone else able to eat foods like this so early out? Its cometely different than the stage diet I have read about,including what you are discussing now.
kidnamedtoad
on 9/2/12 3:50 am
I know!  It was a very hard time for me too!  I also despised soft foods.  I got some pepper tomato soup from Trader Joe just to have something with a little taste beyond sweet. I also did broths. Chicken, beef and veggie broth. I wasn't supposed to have cream soups but also did some cream of chicken soup broth as well.  There is protein powder in chicken soup flavor if that helps ya.
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
Most Active
Recent Topics