Proud of myself... willpower

Capt_Kirk
on 9/10/12 4:37 pm - WA
RNY on 06/12/12
 So, things with my wife and I are a little rough right now.  Even though she got over her complication of having an obstruction and a stent placed, she's extremely depressed and it's wreaking havoc on our relationship and the kids.  I only mention this, because when things used to get rough I'd turn to comfort foods.

So, fast forward to today, and I'm flying out again for travel.  I needed to grab some dinner prior to getting on the plane and stopped at the only place that looked remotely healthy (Wolfgang Puck's...).  They had a rotisserie chicken meal and I was watching them take the rotisserie chicken out and then literally drown the bird in garlic butter sauce.  For me, it took a lot of will power to ask them to hold the side salad and to not drench it in butter.

No matter how bad things get with the wife, I had this surgery for me, and I'm not going to fail it.

Lori F.
on 9/10/12 4:43 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12
 Good for you!  That's great!
Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/10/12 5:05 pm
Way to go! Good work.

Here's to your wife feeling much better soon, too.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

marty69
on 9/10/12 5:16 pm - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
Wonderful give yourself a pat on the back . I hope your wife feels better soon. I had some really bad depression for awhile also.( Part of it is hormonal too, esp for bigger woman.(i started at 476.) ).

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty

(deactivated member)
on 9/10/12 5:22 pm - WA
RNY on 08/21/12
Great job in making the right choice when it'd be so easy to slip!

After all your wife went through, I'm not surprised that it's a little rough. She got to see you come through it much easier than she did. I'm sure it'll get better soon.

Sometimes I think I might have it easier than some folks in that I live alone, so there's no one who can rain on my rny parade.  It goes vice-versa too; I can't drive anyone crazy due to post-op pain and hormones!
SoCaPinkLady
on 9/10/12 9:49 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
Great job!!!! 
I hope the best for your wife and your relationship.
It will get easier I'm sure.

Lori                               

Most Active
Recent Topics