Clothes for after surgery

chemmon1
on 9/13/12 11:30 am - PA
 I am so concerned about the work factor. I am two months into a brand new job that is very high stress. I technically have 20 days of paid leave to work with, but that's for the whole year. I could use some FMLA, but that won't be paid, of course. 

So you are actually planning on returning to work after two weeks? Do you have a desk job or are you on your feet more? I'm a chemist, so it's up down, up down, running around a lot. 

Sorry to hijack the thread; just curious to see how you feel about returning to work so soon! 

exohexoh
on 9/13/12 12:00 pm - West Chester, PA
 i worked retail so i was constantly on my feet and went back for a 1/2 week 2 weeks out, and was back to my regular full-time schedule 3 weeks out

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Sarah C.
on 9/13/12 1:25 pm - AR
RNY on 09/05/12
 Yeah. At this point I'm planning on returning Monday, so just a week and a half post op. but I do have an office job which a) allows for a lot of sit down time and b) I have the flexibility of working at home if necessary. I just know that I did this surgery for me and if I'm not up to going back full time on Monday, the office will have to deal with it. I don't want to risk falling out due to illness from pushing myself to return to work too soon. If your job is already high stress you may want to consider how that stress will affect your recovery. :) 

Good luck! 
Sarah 

chemmon1
on 9/13/12 2:23 pm - PA
 Thank you for the response! My boss is pretty amazing but really results oriented, so hopefully she'll understand if I need to take it easy at work for a bit. 
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/12 2:10 pm, edited 9/12/12 7:11 pm
I am impressed we have a chemist on board! I am always thrilled to see all types of people in all types of fields on here. Makes for a great mix.
I would rather take more time off from work than not enough. No one knows how they are going to do with WLS. Many do great, many have problems. So again, take as much time off as you can in my opinion. Jane:)
chemmon1
on 9/13/12 2:22 pm - PA
 I'm glad to be here! It's been really informative so far. I have my first meeting/weigh-in of six next Monday, so I'm excited to get the ball rolling. 

I made the decision mostly for myself but also for my career as a chemist. It's bad enough being a woman in the sciences, but being a morbidly obese woman is the worst. People immediately dismiss anything and everything you have to say. Especially the non-Americans who might be a bit less use to seeing people that are super-obese. 

I guess the problem is that I won't know how much work to take off until I am done with surgery, so playing it by ear seems like my only option. Though, that makes me quite nervous as I am one of those obsessive planner types. :) 

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/12 2:01 pm, edited 9/12/12 7:16 pm
Bras were the worst. I stayed out of them at home but going out in public I had no choice. what I suggest for newbies is go and buy some bigger bra sizes not necessarily a bigger cup size but around. I couldn't do my bras with under wire either because after awhile they pressed what felt like right on my pouch. Now I am good with my under wires, but bras are still barbaric in my opinion. I don't know about everyone else, but when I get home off comes the clothes, bra and I am in my comfy clothes. I am 59 and deserve that. hahahahaha. Now if company is coming over, first thing to put back on is the bra. Sigh...........Have a good one everybody and let's have more conversations on stuff like this. We need a break from all the WLS issues, even though that is what this forum is about, but wearing comfy stuff after surgery is important also. Jane :)
pwoo10
on 9/13/12 12:18 pm - IN
RNY on 06/06/12
Elastic waist pants and sweats.  I was swollen after surgery and didn't see it go down for a few weeks and with the surgical sites I wanted them to not be rubbed.  I was able to wear my bras since my surgical sites were low enough.  I also knew if I didn't wear a bra my girls and my gut would be fighting for the same space. 

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 433 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 511 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 494 views