Clothes for after surgery

MBMom
on 9/13/12 6:39 am
RNY on 09/17/12
What is comfortable for the weeks following surgery?
M M
on 9/13/12 6:43 am
 Super-loose jammies.  Don't buy anything new.  
alwaysbrandi
on 9/13/12 6:54 am - NY
RNY on 07/03/12
I'm 9 weeks out and am still wearing my pre-op clothes. Ok, so not all of them, I've been wearing loose dresses to work that used to be snug because my work pants fall to my ankles. But, for the weeks I was home after surgery my 3x loose pj pants were all I wanted. Those and some basketball shorts. Bras hurt my pouch so I wore sports bras and baggy t-shirts. Trust me, you won't care what you're wearing. It was a marathon to shower, you'll be lucky to even get dressed lol.

HW : 320 - SW : 284 - Surgeon's GW : 169 - My GW : 140

Dee.spunk
on 9/13/12 7:07 am - Sacramento, CA
I wore pjs with the drawstrings. So if they felt lose I'd could just tighten them. But I just wanted anything that didn't touch my stomach area or squeezed it. So big t shirts and sweat were my favorites.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Gizzys
on 9/13/12 7:18 am - Canada
Yup - and no bras.  At least I didn't wear any around the house, and I didn't really care.  Scary sight, I'm sure.  But comfort was all I was thinking about.  I wanted nothing to do with anything tight fitting or restrictive for the first 4 weeks.

Giselle

I'm 5 ft 7.5 inches tall... 
 "The best way to predict your future is to create it."                   

~ Unknown       

macjuicy
on 9/13/12 7:24 am - FL
a Snuggy

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Sarah R.
on 9/13/12 7:54 am
loose pajama bottoms and I wore tanks with built in bras

cajungirl
on 9/13/12 7:56 am
something loose, I wore flowing dresses or lose pj bottoms and a tshirt while recovering.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

macjuicy
on 9/13/12 8:25 am - FL
def something loose for that damn IV tube which you have on the entire time!! lol hated that crap

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Sarah C.
on 9/13/12 10:50 am - AR
RNY on 09/05/12
I'm with everyone else.  Drawstring shorts that were baggy to begin with, and oversized t-shirts.  I actually purchased some 2x and 3x tops and bottoms just because I knew I'd want comfy stuff.  but things with drawstrings are the way to go!!

I've not worn a bra but a couple of times since surgery (only a week out) and that's when i was in public or when I was on the treadmill I wore a very loved sports bra that had virtually NO restraint at all. 

I'm starting to stress about returning to work next week.  I am planning to wear yoga pants because they are stretchy and black.  Fortunately, I don't see clients and everyone at work is super supportive, so if I have to wear something a little less than professional, I think it'll be fine.  I doubt, however, that my green sleepy shorts with white polka dots will be considered appropriate.  But who knows, they may think i'm quite stylish!

Most Active
Recent Topics