NSV (sort of) new normal

twellington1
on 9/13/12 1:52 pm - NH
For the last two days I have been craving icecream..before surgery icecream was a huge thing for me. I would eat it EVERYDAY!! So today I decide as a treat I will go to my favorite ice cream stand for the no sugar added black rasberry (kid size)  Well they are CLOSED for the season??!!!  Okay so here is the NSV part  last year I would have known the day/hour/minute that this place was closing because I would have been there so much!!  This year I went twice all summer.  Weird new normal!!

CindyKae64
on 9/13/12 1:56 pm
RNY on 05/22/12
That's great and a sign of your lifestyle changes.

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

Ksan32
on 9/13/12 4:16 pm - AZ
Make some protein ice cream! Yum
uscfan05
on 9/13/12 7:07 pm
RNY on 08/20/12
That is a great NSV.  I was the same way about ice-cream pre-op.  It was my weakness for sure.

kirk6400
on 9/14/12 7:23 am - Watauga, TX
RNY on 09/06/12
I'm a newbie here....what does NSV mean?

Joyce :-)

HW...265....SW...260....CW....229....RNY on 9/06/12

swampwoman
on 9/14/12 9:10 am - Hampton, NJ
Non scale victory, Joyce. Something that has nothing to do with the number on the scale, but makes you feel happy!!
  Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!                          
swampwoman
on 9/14/12 9:09 am - Hampton, NJ
NSV is non scale victory. The little things that have nothing to do with the number on the scale.
  Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!                          
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 13 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 337 views