5 weeks out a a horrible cold What do I do?

stephkaz
on 9/13/12 6:48 pm, edited 9/13/12 7:02 pm - IL
Seriously, I can't talk at all.  Hurts too much to swallow and speak.  Lets not even talk about the sneezing.   I think I totally threw out my back.  So here is my dilemma... Do I take Nquil for my cold so I can get some rest, or take my liquid Norco 7/325 for my back and let the Tylenol in it work on my cold?  I am afraid to dump on the sugar in the Nyquil. Thanks in advance!
You, I've mistaken for destiny, but the truth is my legacy is not up to my genes...

cajungirl
on 9/13/12 7:10 pm
 You could possibly dump on the NyQuil. I'd get Tylenol cold and see if that works. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/13/12 7:36 pm - OH
I second the suggestion for Tylenol old and Flu (or whatever it is called).  I have no problem with the NyQuil, but you might.

Does the Norco not help you sleep?  I know the Lortab made me sleepy.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

stephkaz
on 9/13/12 9:09 pm - IL
 It made me sleepy, but the sneezing and coughing kept me up. I am waiting for my husband to get home. I asked him to go to the pharmacy after class and get me something.  I told him to look for small pills or chewables or dissolvables, as I am only 5 weeks out and pills do not work for me yet.  If I get desperate I will do the Nyquil and see what happens.  Right now, I am probably going to take one of my personal days tomorrow.  I need the sleep and nourishment to get over this before it becomes something worse. I think the worst part right now is the sore throat and the sneezing is making it worse. Plus after 3 back surgeries, I keep hurting myself when I sneeze.
Oh my God, I need some tranquilizers or something.  Maybe a cork to shove up my nose... lol
You, I've mistaken for destiny, but the truth is my legacy is not up to my genes...

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/13/12 9:11 pm - OH
If you get really "desperate", you can always take the NyQuil dose in 4 parts spaced about 15 minutes apart to avoid the dumping.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 41 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 293 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views