Nervous

Kay1975
on 9/13/12 6:28 pm - PA
My surgery is Sept 18th.  I cannot explain how I feel.  I feel that Im going to get there and something will go wrong and I will not have the surgery.  Isn't that crazy.  I have went through so many changes to get to this point.  I have been on a liquid diet for 8 days now.  I have cheated several times.  Is this going to mess things up.  Im trying my hardest but it is really hard.  I have been good since monday though.  Is it normal that I feel like it isn't going to happen?  I don't even feel nervous yet.

Kay Kay

uscfan05
on 9/13/12 7:26 pm
RNY on 08/20/12
I would say it's normal.  I felt the same way.  I was so afraid that something would happen or he would find something that would keep him from doing the surgery.  I wasn't really relieved until I was out of surgery and knew it had been done.

I'm not proud of it but I cheated on the 2 week liquid diet I was on before surgery.

cajungirl
on 9/13/12 7:29 pm
 You're emotions will swIng like a pendulum the next few days. Do things to keep yourself busy and relaxed. (mani and pedicure, board games with friends and fa
Ilu, a walk outside (weather pemitting), bubble bath, call a friend to talk etc

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 9/13/12 7:55 pm
RNY on 09/17/12
I'm right there with you...my day is Sep 17th!  I feel overwhelmed and a little nuts lol.  I'm just going to try and get my house in order before Sunday....hopefully that will keep me busy.  Good luck!!!

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

ready2be140
on 9/13/12 7:59 pm - WA
RNY on 08/29/12
 Kay, I was really anxious  before my surgery - I think most people are, and often think the worst outcomes, the what ifs scenario's, etc....but the day of surgery I was quite calm, wasnt nervous at all-and I wish that for you too!!   
UBet2012
on 9/13/12 8:17 pm - IL
RNY on 09/17/12
I asked my Dr for something for anxiety. I took this week off of work to get my house in order. I am keeping very busy, cleaning cabinets, closets, even shampooed carpets today! Keep in mind it's not going be like this forever. It's going to get better and better...
VonnyLeeuw
on 9/13/12 11:40 pm - Netherlands
My surgery is October 4th and I'm having the same thing. I'm trying to get work sorted out for my absense but I keep getting distracted....(like post on here instead of working lol)

Surgery scheduled 4 october 2012
 HW 131kg CW 126kg TW 65kg
Allen Y.
on 9/14/12 12:51 am - Garland, TX
 I think you will be just fine. Remember there might be a morning when you are hurting post surgery or a day post surgery when you want to eat and can't.

Remember how much you wanted this!

There might be a day way in the future you find ways to cheat the surgery. Remember how much you want this!

God Speed to you, you can do it, In know you can!

Kay1975
on 9/14/12 6:05 am - PA

I am excited. I know I want this bad.  I appreciate all the comments.  Thank you all.  And good luck to all of you.  I wish you the best and I will keep you posted on my outcome and recovery.  Thank you

Kay Kay

Jewelsstevens
on 9/14/12 8:24 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
I have surgery scheduled for the same day as you do. I have to say that I do have a concern that something could happen to derail it, but I keep telling myself I am being irrational. We will be fine!

Most Active
Recent Topics