Mid back discomfort?

artroxy blue
on 9/14/12 2:34 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 So, the last few days, I've noticed I'm having mid back discomfort. It's not terribly painful--just uncomfortable. Is it from my center of gravity shifting? I know my core muscles aren't that strong yet so I know that partially is contributing to what I'm experiencing. I know I round my shoulders, and have been more conscious of sitting upright, rolling my shoulders back. Did anyone else go through this as they were losing weight?
wmamey
on 9/14/12 2:50 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
I have heard several mention the same thing. For me it seems to be a little more than discomfort. I ended up having severe back pain about 3 weeks ago that made me go to the ER. As it turns out I have 2 herniations, impingement on my sciatic nerve, and annular tears in my lumbar disks. I can't imagine having 57 more pounds on me and having to deal with that! My weight loss and increase exercise (walk 5mi/day) surely has something to do with it.
It also seems like my center of gravity is off. I can be walking straight and then I am off somewhat.

So one way to look at it is, we could have all that pain and ALL THAT WEIGHT! LOL!

artroxy blue
on 9/14/12 3:15 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 LOL Very true! 

That is so crazy all of those things have been going on with your back! Are you working with your doctors? Seeing a chiropractor?
wmamey
on 9/14/12 6:16 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
Yes, I started seeing a chiropractor, therapeutic massage, physical therapy, and I am scheduled for epidural injections on the 20th. I love my walking and physical exercise and refuse to let this keep me down. I didn't lose all this weight to lie around - I actually want to move, LOL!!
If all that doesn't work though, I will need surgery - which will have to wait until I can build up some time off at work.
Try using a heating pad, Biofreeze is good stuff, or ice. Hope you feel better soon, don't let it hold you down!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/14/12 3:55 pm
ugh, yes, I know that pain. My muscles feel like they are on fire, and riding a desk all day does not help.

I'm just working on more movement, standing and sitting up straight, and sucking in my gut. I used to have great posture, but it's really gone downhill.

As an added bonus, I have sacroiliac pain too, though the NP says that should pass off with more movement.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

wendydettmer
on 9/14/12 4:02 pm - Rochester, NY
this may be tmi - but my back hurts when i am a bit constipated

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/14/12 4:06 pm
oh yeah, forgot about that one

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

artroxy blue
on 9/14/12 5:18 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Yeah, I had that happen last week. Oof. 

This isn't constipation. I can feel it in my muscles. 
wmamey
on 9/14/12 6:18 pm
RNY on 06/18/12
Yea, I know that pain too and unfortunately constipation is something I live with now. I swear I take more pills now than I did before surgery! It is constant the things I need to think about taking or doing in order to stay healthy! I wouldn't change it for anything!!! I should have done this 10 years ago.

MissK123456789
on 9/14/12 8:20 pm - PA

Wow...my mid back and SI joints have been aching for weeks.  I would have never connected it to the surgery.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 130 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 109 views
Recent Topics