Need some help!

Sara K.
on 9/15/12 3:47 pm - Sheboygan, WI
I am a year post-op now and I have been having some problems lately that really need some attention!

Today I have been experiencing dizziness, drowsy, and nauseous...also for the past few months I have been experiencing diarrhea...like EVERYDAY!  I haven't been able to go to the doctor because I don't have insurance at the moment..and I really can't afford to pay that bill. 

Now though, because of what I have been feeling like today, I think I need to go.  Every time I stand up I almost black out, I have been shaking uncontrollably and feel tension in my neck and shoulders..and sickness in stomach.  If you have any suggestions please let me know.

poet_kelly
on 9/15/12 4:04 pm - OH
Yes, you need to go to the doctor.  It's time to get labs done anyway.  You were planning to go for those, weren't you?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dinas27
on 9/15/12 4:05 pm - IL
RNY on 09/10/12
I had the surgery on Monday, so I don't know if I can answer you completely.  I DID do tons of research on this before and the one thing that I kept seeing was if you get dehydrated you get dizzy, nauseous, and cant move.  On top of that if you have diarrhea you are loosing all the fluids you are drinking.  I'm thinking its time to call the DR and just suck it up and pay the bill.  I know it sucks, but its also your life your playing with.  Your WORTH IT!

Hope you feel better soon!
DebsGiz
on 9/15/12 5:41 pm - FL

Please get to your doctor as anything anyone could possibly tell you on here would be an uneducated guess or shot in the dark. 

Are you taking your B-12? 
misssparky
on 9/15/12 8:04 pm - MO
 I've been there with money so tight we had to choose between house payment and utilities, not to mention medical bills.  Your health comes first.  Try to come up with enough funds to get your labs done and make a trip to the doctor's office.  And then keep us posted.  KAREN
Thank God for the wonderful gift of WLS.  Use it wisely as the tool it is meant to be and hold yourself accountable for the rest of the journey!!!

KAREN

(deactivated member)
on 9/15/12 2:27 pm, edited 9/15/12 2:27 pm
I know how hard that is. Trust me.

Really, I can't even pinpoint what deficiency that might be. It doesn't completely add up to any one of them. B12, maybe. Iron, maybe. Diarrhea and the shaking isn't part of either of those. I have very low iron and I get chills that can make shiver alot.

There's too many possibilities for us to really guide you. If you're uninsured, try a county health clinic or a doctor that uses a sliding scale based on income. You really, really need to go. Something definitely isn't right and it obviously isn't going to clear up on its own, it seems to be getting worse.

If you don't have money you can find ways to get by. If you don't have your health, well, money is useless.At least that's what I told myself when I had fork over hundreds of dollars I didn't have (I had to use plastic) to take care of my own health problem. But, I'd have been dead from a heart attack (possibly) or most likely in the ER getting a blood transfusion about now if I hadn't taken care of it.
Sara K.
on 9/16/12 3:56 pm - Sheboygan, WI
Thank you everyone for your posts.  I am going to call the doctor as soon as possible on Monday.  I will keep everyone posted.  I have been taking my vitamins, but not on a regular basis so I do feel it has something to do with this.. we will see! 
(deactivated member)
on 9/16/12 4:00 pm
Smart girl. Best of luck to you! I hope you find out what's up with the least amount of expense and inconvenience possible.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 255 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 269 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views