hair loss at 3 to 4 months, does it come back??????

sidsid
on 9/17/12 4:10 pm
 Hi Everyone, 
so I am now 4 months out and 50 lbs down ( from a 200lb /5ft 2' start ). 
I had thick, thick shoulder length hair. I have been lossing lots for a month now and my dietican tells me I am getting enough protein but not enough calories ( max 800 a day ). Just never hungry but eating as much as I can.
I have read some old posts and it appears at about 6-8 months the hair loss stops- or falls out at a normal rate. 
My question does it grow back in to what it was before or not? Does it grow back in slowly starting at 6-8 months out?
I know it can be different in everyone but interested to see different peoples experiences. I think mine isnt that noticable because I have fair hair and it doesnt contrast against the scalp color.
Like many of you, my hair was one of my best assets so hope I dont lose to much

Leslie M.
on 9/17/12 4:22 pm - AL

My hair loss stopped at about 8-9 months out and it did come back.
In the mean time, I went with a shorter layered cut to make it appear fuller.
And a scarf now and then.

Leslie

nfarris79
on 9/17/12 4:32 pm - Germantown, MD
 I had hair loss around month 3 and it took a few more months for the loss to stop. Then it started growing back noticibly - like I'd have to use product to plaster down the new growth or I'd look like Alfalfa! My hair had been quite thin preop and when I started to see scalp & freaked out - cut my hair short, started using Nioxin & Rogaine - but at 17 mo out, my hair is much longer and looks better. So have hope!

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/12 9:41 am
nfarris, you don't even begin to look old enough to know who Alfalfa was!  OMG I got the biggest kick out of it, though!!! Thanks for taking me back to memory lane!  Jane
sidsid
on 9/17/12 4:53 pm
 I wonder if Rogaine helped, if it did you would think everyone would have it prescribed.
Thanks for the positive words.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/17/12 4:36 pm - OH
 I lost about half of my hair from months 4-9.  Just a couple f weeks after the loss had almost completely stopped I noticed a bunch of teeny tiny hairs sticking up from my part.  The hair gree in more s,owly than it grew pre-op (which was not particularly fast to begin with) and I did not get quite all of my hair back, but it is still the same color and texture.

I had to cut 6+ inches off of mine (in two separate cuts) because my the time I was about 6 or 7 months out, it was so thin that the bottom of it was very "scraggly", so I cut it to just below shoulder length, then I had to cut it above the shoulders because it got so thin that you could see the light through it below my ears if I was standing near a light or window.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

lptazbear66
on 9/17/12 4:59 pm - Murfreesboro, TN
I, like the others, lost quite a bit too and I have very thin, fine hair so really noticeable.  I am 2 yrs out and still have issues.  I took biotin for the 1st 1 1/2 yrs and that did seem to help with the regrowth.  I changed hair shampoo to Moroccan Oil and it has been awesome for me.  I think my issues with iron is what is still giving my hair grief.    Good luck and I am sure it will be just fine, even if it sucks right now

RNY at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN July 26, 2010 with Dr Clements. All loss is post op        
Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/17/12 5:04 pm
Mine thinned out some, but it has come back. As Anna said, the little sticky-out new growth hairs are kinda noticeable.

My hair is now like it always has been. I cut my hair in a bob, but not because of loss. I just wanted it shorter after a lifetime of very long hair.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

mrsprez_04
on 9/17/12 5:33 pm - Racine, WI
OMG!!! so scary! I want to keep ALL of my hair. LOL I am so vain but I am a lady who likes long hair. Good luck in findinf your answers!
owlisn
on 9/17/12 6:26 pm - NC
I guess I was lucky.  I noticed more hair falling out in months 3-6 but never enough for anyone else to notice.  I just saw more in my hands in the shower/drain and in my brush.  It has slowed down and not an issue at all now.  My hair is pretty full.  I switched to a volume shampoo as opposed to a straightening shampoo to try to hide any potential loss. 
Allison

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 428 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?