gluten intolerance????

jbuntyn
on 9/23/12 8:47 am - apple valley, MN
Ive noticed since surgery when I have anything that has wheat or flour of any type I get nauseous feeling and at times I will feel like Im going to vomit (more so then just being nauseous) and I will break out in a sweat. I dont get dumping like it has been explained to me but I was curious if anyone else has had this happen? And if so any suggeastions on what I can do to avoid feeling like this...I hate it!
~JENN~

SarahLee1969
on 9/23/12 11:07 am - NY
Could it be from getting stuck? I've heard many people don't do well with doughy stuff.
My plan calls for crackers or toast early out and cautions to be carefull when introducing bread, bagels, or other doughy/sticky foods.
My experience with gluten sensitivity is farther down the digestive tract.... bloating, gas, diarrhea. Sometimes with a blistering, painfull and itchy rash called dermatitis herpetaformis that can be anywhere on the body, but is frequently evenly distributed (BOTH arms, or BOTH legs, etc.)
My advice is if it making you sick, avoid it and talk to your Nut about it. Maybe they will have some insight.
Dave Chambers
on 9/23/12 12:00 pm - Mira Loma, CA

You should try toasting any tpe of bread you want to try.  Whole wheat (not enriched) bread is best.  Toast will minimize moisture in bread. Moist bread has a tendancy to "ball up" when you try to swallow it. I remember taking bread and rolling into balls and putting on fish hook fishing for cat fish 50 years ago. If you haven't had issues with gluen before surgery, it's likely not a surgery side effect.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 264 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 276 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 319 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 277 views