Did anyone else have PMS worsen after RNY?

jemof2
on 9/28/12 2:51 am - Shreveport, LA
Growing up and before surgery, I never had a problem with PMS.  Since surgery, I am extremely pouty and sad (teary at times), irritable, and it's always around the week before my cycle starts.  I also have cramps now and I didn't use to (some months worse than others).

Anyone else experience this? or am I the only one?
never2late4change
on 9/28/12 2:58 am - Virginia Beach, VA
RNY on 07/18/12
Yes. Indeed. In fact this past cycle had me doubled over in pain w/ a heating pad on my belly. I haven't had cramps like this since I was a young teen. I suppose the internal fat isn't as much as a pain buffer as before. Either that or the estrogen that's seeping out of our fat.

I can deal with it. Hope you can too.

Highest Weight: 283.6,  Post Op Weight: 273.6, Goal Weight: 160 lbs 

jemof2
on 9/28/12 3:06 am - Shreveport, LA
I can deal :)  My periods had become so heavy that it was causing big problems with my iron levels so I had a procedure done called "Her Option" where they freeze the lining of your uterus in the hopes of reducing or stopping your period all together.  Well it didn't stop it, but it definitely reduced it by probably 80%.  But I still had the issues I mentioned.  Doc said even a hysterectomy might not take care of the hormone issues and that the only thing would probably be putting me on birth control.  I had tubes tied 6 years ago after the birth of my last child, and birth control has so many side effects (clotting is my main concern), so I just deal with it :)  Glad I'm not alone!
Weighting2Bskinny
on 9/28/12 3:32 am
That is so weird! Mine has decreased. Since my surgery I haven't had a real period. That's since April 9th 2012. It's worrying me. Could it have something to do with the surgery?

GOD BLESS YOU            
pwoo10
on 9/28/12 3:34 am - IN
RNY on 06/06/12
I'm 4 months out and my periods keep getting closer and closer.  My cycle used to be the standard 28 days now I'm at 21 and they are heavier.  Not happy about it.

Kay L.
on 9/28/12 3:43 am - N., AL
Hormones are stored in fat cells. You are shedding fat at a rapid pace. This explains what is happening to you and just about any woman still of menstruating age post-WLS. And it affects people differently. Some people have less of a period, some have way more. But most have alot more emotional upheaval. And to make that worse, you don't have food to run to...
Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/28/12 4:31 am
What Kay said. And at a year out, it's improving, slowly.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Consuela N.
on 9/28/12 7:45 am, edited 9/28/12 7:46 am - OH
Since my surgery in March 2012. I noticed that my periods are extremely heavy and lasting longer than before I had the surgery. I do get extremely moody around my time of the month that my kids and hubby say that I am bipolar.

Connie

MissK123456789
on 9/28/12 8:54 am - PA
YES!!!
Kristina679
on 9/28/12 9:44 am - Somerville, MA
RNY on 03/20/12
 I Have the worst cramps for the last couple of  months i am  hope in  due it time will change