Question/Idea for those that use unflavored protein

Capt_Kirk
on 10/4/12 12:36 am - WA
RNY on 06/12/12
 Have you tried baking with it?  Was curious about making a protein rich Chex Mix party mix for football parties.  How would it mix with the rest of the ingredients when it's combined and heated?

Annie_Anaba
on 10/4/12 1:16 am
RNY on 08/27/12
I think Nik bakes with it, I have looked at her recipes. Have you seen her site its called bariatricfoodie.com. She has some really good recipes on there and she tries them all on her divas (daughters), dont you love that lol?

Capt_Kirk
on 10/4/12 1:21 am - WA
RNY on 06/12/12
 Hmmm, maybe I'll give it a go tonight, take some pictures in the progress of it, and see how it ends up.  If it's a disaster, I'll just delete them ;)

StephWantsToSki
on 10/4/12 1:24 am - CO
RNY on 09/28/12 with
 I saw a crepe recipe that I can't wait to use.  It was basically 1/2 c egg whites, 1 scoop protein powder and water to consistency.  Non-stick pam and a hot skillet.

I am going to fill it with fresh fruit and sf whip cream when I get to Regular food stage.  Right now I am only full liquids.
Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/4/12 1:32 am
I make protein cookies with it and it works very well. I'm not certain how to incorporate it into something like chex mix. maybe if you make a slurry of protein powder and liquid and then coated the chex with it and baked it. At any rate, I look forward to hearing about it. good luck

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Capt_Kirk
on 10/4/12 1:34 am - WA
RNY on 06/12/12
 I was thinking of putting a scoop in when it calls for melted butter and worchestire sauce.  I'll figure somethin out either way.

I'm craving the crunch and snap of a snack food the last couple of days.  I took Flat Out bread, cut it up and baked it until crunchy and had that with some Camembert cheese last night, but it just didn't fix that urge :-\

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/4/12 1:39 am
Yes indeed, I know that craving. I sometimes bake kale with a little olive oil and greek seasoning to satisfy that crunchy feeling. Bake kale sounded awful to me before I tried it, but I like it pretty well. It has the added bonus of being cheap, fairly healthy, and one bunch makes a lot.

Oh, I also have a recipe for baked crackers made with flaxseed and parmesan (no flour) that I have been meaning to try.

Capt_Kirk
on 10/4/12 1:41 am - WA
RNY on 06/12/12
 Oh, please share that... will go to the nature foods store today and pick up the ingredients.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/4/12 1:55 am
1 cup flax seed meal
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of water

heat oven to 400*

Mix ingredients together. Cover cookie sheet with greased parchment paper. Spoon mixture onto parchement paper and cover the top with another piece of greased parchment. Using a rolling pin, roll dough out until it's about 1/8 of an inch thick.  Remove the top piece of parchment paper and bake 15-18 minutes. Break it into pieces after it cools.

Baked kale:

Rinse a large head of kale. Cut kale into one inch pieces after removing the center rib. Drizzle with olive oil and seasoning of your choice ( I use Cavender's Greek seasoning) then bake at 350* for about ten minutes. The kale gets light and crisp and is good for satisfying that hand-to-mouth crunchiness craving.

one last thing I completely forgot about: How is your wife doing? much improved, I hope.

animal02
on 10/4/12 3:14 am
I use unflavored protien powder in my granola bars (baked) and protien balls (uncooked) also in a breakfast mix and hot chocolate mix and all have worked out fine.    Guess you will have to experiment and good luck.
Most Active
Recent Topics