Flaxseed and/or Fish Oil Pills - Anyone take these??

CindyKae64
on 10/4/12 3:27 am
RNY on 05/22/12
These pills are HUGE, does anyone take them? If so are they okay to swallow? Has anyone had any trouble? I was thinking about taking flaxseed pills, but they are so big I am not sure. Thanks for your input.

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

BezoarGirl
on 10/4/12 3:31 am - WA
I started taking fish oil pills after the dr. took me off my arthritis meds.  I have not taken then since my surgery which was 5 weeks ago.  At my support group they told me that fish oil does come in a liquid form and she said I will be able to get the large fish oil pill down soon. 
H.A.L.A B.
on 10/4/12 3:49 am
I take krill oil - no aftertaste and the pills are very small.
But the large gel - caps... I can take now - just to have make sure it is not on empty pouch in the morning (my pouch seams much smaller and the stoma is also smaller in the morning - so things may get stuck)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/4/12 3:50 am
And the fish oil also comes in yummy liquid - Coromega ...love them...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 10/4/12 3:51 am - OH
On October 4, 2012 at 10:27 AM Pacific Time, CindyKae64 wrote:
These pills are HUGE, does anyone take them? If so are they okay to swallow? Has anyone had any trouble? I was thinking about taking flaxseed pills, but they are so big I am not sure. Thanks for your input.
I take flax seed oil softgels sometimes in winter when my skin gets really dry, and they seem to help.  Yeah, they are OK to swallow.  The softgels dissolve pretty easily in our digestive tract.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

monkeymom
on 10/4/12 4:15 am - WA
RNY on 07/11/12
i take 2 tsp daily of "fish oil smoothie" from the vit. shop.  awesome!  no fish taste, lemon and berry are great tasting.  helps with absorbing protein and hopefully helping my skin, nails and hair.  easier than swallowing a soft gel.  
WhoIWantToBe *.
on 10/4/12 4:18 am
RNY on 01/10/12
 I take fish oil.  They're fairly large gel things.  I don't have any problem with them.

Never thought of taking flaxseed pills.  I do use Metamucil for fiber, though.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

CindyKae64
on 10/4/12 6:41 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Thank you for the responses. I bought some flaxseed gels yesterday because my skin is very dry and so is my hair, but when I saw the size of the pill I was worried. So good to know that I will be able to take them just fine. Thanks again!

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

Day_dream_believer
on 10/4/12 7:06 am
 I use flax seed. (not in pill form but as seeds.)  I love to sprinkle it on my greek yogurt.  It adds a nutty flavor.

BugdocMom
on 10/4/12 7:11 am - CA
I use Coromega3 single serve sachets. http://www.coromega.com/free-sample/
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 306 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 308 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 306 views