PILLS

Lindah55
on 10/5/12 7:42 am - OR
RNY on 10/09/12
I am having my surgery on Tuesday. I take about nine medications how am I going to get them
down? What do you do? Thanks
kittehkitteh27
on 10/5/12 7:48 am - Zebulon, NC
RNY on 01/18/12 with
 Personally, I swallowed pills from day one without any problem. You may be able to. If not, you should ask your pharmacist if your medications can be crushed. Some can. Some can't. 

~Kitteh~   Start 363 / Surgery 346 / Current 204.1 / Goal 150

stlfocus
on 10/5/12 8:06 am - IA
I crushed for about a week and then went to swallowing whole.  I hated getting down the crushed pills - you always had a nasty aftertaste.

Check with your doc to see what his protocol is.

poet_kelly
on 10/5/12 9:08 am - OH
I took them the same way I did before surgery.  Well, at first I only swallowed one or two pills at a time instead of a whole handful at a time.  but I was swallowing pills about 12 hours after my surgery with no problem.  Unless your pills are really really big, it shouldn't be a problem for you.  But you should discuss it with your doc before your surgery.  I'm surprised he hasn't discussed it with you already since your surgery is in just a few days.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.