Autumn in Michigan

Hollie313
on 10/7/12 1:18 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
One of our family traditions is to visit the Cider Mill every autumn.  The leaves are
changing and it's cold out.  I love bundling up and petting the animals at the Mill.  I also
have loved the whole apple cider & donuts part of that tradition.  I can do without the donuts.
Baked goods have NEVER been my weakness.  (mine is mt dew & chips)  However, it bothers
me to think that I might have to suck it up, go to the cider mill & not have any cider.

Has anyone had apple cider?  I'm 5 months out.  I can tolerate up to 12 grams of sugar per
serving without issue.  Anything more and it gets dicey.  Help!

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

Candy V.
on 10/7/12 2:31 am, edited 10/7/12 2:35 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12
I think you would be ok to take a sip or two from one of your family's cup of cider and enjoy the flavor.  I would not have your own it may cause you to dump!  8 oz has aprox 24 g sugar.

Where in Mi are you?  I am near Kalkaska,(MI, North US131)

Farnsworth Apple Cider

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 8
Calories 100  
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g 0%
   Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
   Trans Fat 0 g  
   Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g  
   Monounsaturated Fat 0 g  
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 0 mg 0%
Potassium 0 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 24 g 8%
   Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
   Sugar 24 g  
Protein 0 g 0%

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Hollie313
on 10/7/12 2:44 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
Yeow!  That's alot of sugar....lol.  I can handle a sip.  I don't need my own.

I'm Downriver.....the suburbs of Detroit.

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

Jen V.
on 10/7/12 7:09 am - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12

Since 90% of our apple crop was lost in Michigan this year, a lot of cider mills will not even have cider this year. :( But I was thinking of still taking my daughter and just having a sip of her cider. I know I can eat a whole apple just fine, so a sip of cider should not hurt. At $10 a gallon for cider this year, a sip is all I can afford. :)

(deactivated member)
on 10/7/12 12:12 pm
I now exactly how you feel.  I am in Southern California but we live near a mountain community called Oak Glen and every year we go up there for the fresh pressed cidar and the apple dumplings.  Sigh.....I will miss that, but want to go for the effects of fall with the trees turning.  I will at least buy apples, but won't be buying any homemade applebutter, my all time favorite.  
I so understand.  You and I are almost neck to neck on weightloss and my date was 5-07, which is 5 months today.  I have lost 77lbs. so I am thrilled. proud of you and all of us, no matter what our weightloss is.  Take care and go anyway to the Mill and have fun!    Best wishes, Jane
Most Active
Recent Topics