protein drink recipe?

Beachywaves22
on 10/12/12 7:47 am
RNY on 07/30/12
 Anyone have any good protein recipes? I also want to try one that has a instant coffee in it or coffee flavor. all recipes welcome! please! 

Ladytazz
on 10/12/12 8:18 am
I am kind of challenged when it comes to making things so I keep it simple.  I brew a pot of coffee (you can use decaf if needed) and then in a shaker cup I put in a cup of milk (I have been using Calorie Countdown chocolate milk recently) and I add a scoop of protein powder, some flavored sugar free syrup of choice and a packet of Splenda (you can leave out, I just like things very sweet) and I shake it up and pour it into the coffee like a flavored creamer.  Make sure the coffee doesn't get too hot, like over 130 degrees or the protein mixture will clump together.  If it does and you can't stand the texture you can put it through a mesh strainer.  I've had to do that a few times when the coffee was too hot and it still tastes good.  I have also used it on tea and chai tea with vanilla protein powder and caramel syrup and it is great that way, too.
BTW, I am sure you can see it but your avatar picture came out very small.  I had that happen once, too.  What I did was go to MS paint and crop out the what part or you can make the white part small by dragging the corner and opening the picture.  If your picture is too small you can resize it but get ride of the white part first.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Beachywaves22
on 10/12/12 8:56 am
RNY on 07/30/12
 I tried doing that for the picture when i uploaded it and it wouldnt work :( i will try again when i get home. thanks!

livinglifelarge
on 10/12/12 8:19 am
RNY on 07/27/12
 My favorite is....

1 or 2 scoops of protein powder (whatever the one you use calls for)
8 oz of milk or almond milk
1 teaspoon of instant coffee, more if you like it strong)
1 teaspoon of sugar free chocolate pudding powder (you can use more or less depending on your taste)
6 ice cubes

Blend

I love this one in the morning!

RNY 7/27/12        
poet_kelly
on 10/12/12 8:25 am - OH
On October 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM Pacific Time, Beachywaves22 wrote:
 Anyone have any good protein recipes? I also want to try one that has a instant coffee in it or coffee flavor. all recipes welcome! please! 
Add a tablespoon of instant decaf coffee crystals to any vanilla or chocolate protein shake.

I especially like a spoonful of Maxwell House International French vanilla cafe mix (sugar free, decaf) in a vanilla protein shake.

I also love the Syntrax Nectar cappuccino shake.  I add a little decaf coffee and splenda to it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/12 8:58 am
My favorite of this sort I came up with the other day. After my cherry lime protein shake experiment totally bombed, I concocted this one: 

4oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
3 tbsp sugar free DaVinci Kahlua flavored syrup
1/4 tsp instant espresso crystals
1/2 tsp of sugar free chocolate instant pudding mix

Don't know what the hell you call it, but I call it really good! 
BeccaM76
on 10/12/12 1:40 pm
http://bariatricfoodie.blogspot.com/p/protein-shake-recipes. html Has the BEST protein shakes. I think the key is to put only enough milk (liquid) to make it thin enough to blend and then blend it FOREVER.  The longer you blend it the smoother it will be.  I blend until it's as smooth and thick as a milkshake. 

She has a pumpkin one that is amazing.

Beachywaves22
on 10/12/12 2:08 pm
RNY on 07/30/12
Thanks!!!!!!! I will check it out!

Most Active
Recent Topics