Baggy shirts?? No way!!

Amy D.
on 10/17/12 11:13 pm - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
So a few months ago the hubs and I cleaned out our dressers and got rid of a bunch of old t-shirts that no longer fit. In the process I saved a bunch that I figured would be good for workouts or sleeping in, thinking how comfortable they would be.

Well.

I don't wanna wear baggy shirts! I find myself throwing on a 2x (or bigger) shirt to exercise in or sleep in and then immediately taking it off because I just don't wanna look that dumpy. It's crazy! I never thought a time in my life would come when I'd prefer a fitted shirt for any activity, much less just casually lounging around the house or whatevs. You know how it is...you look like a whale anyway, so why try, right? Not no more!

Conversely, I pulled out an old sweatshirt this a.m. to wear to take the kiddies to school and as soon as I picked it up I was thinking, "Hmm, this thing has always been so tight. I guess it'll be okay for the car..." Of course it's way too big, but in my head I just see it and me as the way we used  to be, you know? I think getting past the mental stuff is more than half the battle in this game.

So, do y'all wear your baggy shirts or are you moving on to embracing the new you and showing off how good you look? Do you have some dysmorphia to work on? For the vets, how long before you were able to accept the "new" you?  Spill it, peeps!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Silverbelle69
on 10/17/12 11:48 pm - Midlothian, VA
RNY on 06/05/12
I could have written this post!  I have the same problems.  Goodwill is my new favorite store.  Yesterday I went to Old Navy for the first time ever - and walked out of there with a wool peacoat  (THAT FITS)  for $31.  It is so unreal!

Adrianne_Dawn
on 10/18/12 12:15 am - WA
RNY on 05/21/12
Hahaha - It's the funniest thing cause one month I'll put something on in my closet and it will fit ok - the next month it's huge.  When I go to buy clothes I instantly go to Plus size 2x and realize that uhhh i'm more of an XL now or on some other brands tops their Misses XXL.  

But I agree - big clothes seem overwelming! My ex would actually tease me and say "you know if you were clothes that fit you....and weren't 3 sized bigger" hahaha :)

It's a fun time though to say the least.  Example - I ordered a costume in the mail that said it fits 16-18 and up to 190lbs. I risked it and It fits and looks sooo adorable.  Literally the first time I've bought a halloween costume and didn't have to return it cause it was to small. :)

Congrats on your hard work!

Cindyagogo
on 10/18/12 1:22 am
RNY on 02/21/12
I am with you! I was keeping big shirts for working out and finally couldn't stand how i looked in the gym mirrors. Wasn't helping the self image. Smaller fitted shirts are so much better! I can see my progress rather than hiding it while working out.

I keep my house cold so i admit i am still wearing big shirts at home and to bed because i can layer them over smaller ones to keep warm.
MichelleNC
on 10/18/12 2:20 am
I lost 80 lbs 2 years ago and I have to say I know what you mean. I loved going into the gym wearing the fitted sports tank tops and when I had days where I wore a baggy shirt I felt like a fat slob not like the cute thick girl as men have called me when I lost those 80 lbs. Apparently thick is a term that means your a sexy woman with some weight on ya....gotta love that 1st time I heard it I was about to die!

Michelle
Did the happy dance onto the Loser's Bench March 18, 2013!

Visit my blog at http://skinnyundermyfat.blogspot.com/

marty69
on 10/18/12 2:30 am - MO
RNY on 06/06/12
All of you ladies posts echo my life to a T (except for the gym part i don belong to one.). I just went thru and got ride of loose bra's and alote of way to big an slightly to big shirts. I am sooo proud of what i have done so far and I am fighting my way thru a stall so i want to SEE and SHOW off my progress. :) 

May We All be Blessed and Valued 

marty