Just started "dumping" after 4 years???

TinaGordon
on 10/18/12 12:58 am, edited 10/18/12 1:24 am
I had my surgery in Feb. 2009 and in the past 5-6 months after everything I eat, and I do mean EVERYTHING, I get really nauseated. My PCP put me on Promethazine (anti-nausea med) and I have to take it at least 3 times a day and then it makes me extremely tired.
Has anyone had this happen to them?
I have had a colonoscopy, Upper GI, entergastroscopy. Along with ton's of blood work and they (as in the Dr's) all say nothing is wrong. But I am just so tired of being sick all the time.
Any thoughts?

*edited to put in "I eat"
Highest/Current/Goal
330      /  173  / 175

big42long
on 10/18/12 1:04 am - OH
I'm sorry to hear you are going through this now. Maybe it something like a food allergy. At least all the tests were good so no major problem but i know that doesn't make you feel any netter. Hopefully somebody can figure it out soon!

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/18/12 1:14 am
Gall bladder issue?  if you still have it.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

TinaGordon
on 10/18/12 1:22 am
I had my gall bladder out 2 years before my surgery in 2007.
Highest/Current/Goal
330      /  173  / 175

Infogal
on 10/18/12 1:56 am
Have they checked for ulcers? Ulcers can make you nauseus after you eat. You may have one in your blind stomach.
Have the Dr's tried tried any acid suppressant drug like Omeprazole?

Hope you start to feel better soon.
Infogal            
TinaGordon
on 10/18/12 2:16 am

They have given me Omeprazole. I take it daily usually about 1 hour before I eat.

Highest/Current/Goal
330      /  173  / 175

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/18/12 3:23 am - OH
Just nausea isn't dumping, but it obviously also isn't normal. When you say you ahd a "entergastroscopy" are you talking about an EGD (where they sedate you and put the scope down into your pouch)? If not, that would be a good idea since ulcers are a common cause for nausea (especially since everything makes you sick) and you CAN get ulcers even when taking medication.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics