Oh Happy Day!

Hollie313
on 10/19/12 3:31 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
So, my coworker has been RAGGING me constantly to go shopping and get some "clothes that fit".  I've been putting it off for some time now.  I think part of me was afraid of going to the store because I've been wearing elastic banded pants for years and don't know my true size.  The other part of me was afraid that I would get to the store, think I'm an 18 and find out I'm a 24.  It's just been something that I've been dreading.

Well, today something got in me and I decided to give it a go.  I didn't want to venture any farther than the Avenue because of my not knowing my size.  I'd hate to go to a store and find they have nothing that fits me.  So, to the Avenue I went and here are the results:

1.  I'm VERY comfortable in a size 18 shirt.  I used to wear a 26/28 and sometimes even a 30/32 depending on the shirt.

2.  I'm a little snug in a size 18 jean, but size 20 is a little too loose.  I used to wear a 26/28 pant.

3.  I've not worn jeans in years (as I stated, I've stuck with elastic banded pants) and I was able to button up the 18's and zip them!

I'm so glad I went.  I now know where my progress has lead me and I love it!  Right now I'm wearing a pair of jeans....real jeans, not jeggings....and it feels GOOD!!! 

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

JanBooth
on 10/19/12 3:35 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12
Congratulations!!  Gosh, another post that made me smile REALLY big, as I read it!  You must be on top of the world right now...what a great feeling!  
Keep up the good work and thank you for sharing. 
Janet
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

MyLady Heidi
on 10/19/12 3:36 am
Ahhhh I feel a new addiction coming.  Remember its okay to try it on, snap a pic with your cell phone and put it back.  Really seriously, you don't need everything that fits.  I am only saying this as someone who went mad for clothes, wait until you get closer to goal to go crazy.  Now just buy a few things and try on others and snap away.  It's fun!

Congrats!
darlingdeb
on 10/19/12 3:36 am - OH
That's great!!!    Keep up the good work!!!                    debbie
manda2108
on 10/19/12 3:36 am
 Congrats! I've really had to start thrift store shopping and clearance shopping because I really blew through and even skipped some sizes between a 16 and a 6. Enjoy your new clothes and keep up the great work.

Skinnygirlme
on 10/19/12 3:42 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12
 Great job!!!
  I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
Lindah55
on 10/19/12 3:48 am - OR
RNY on 10/09/12
Good for you. I hope you had lots of fun!
SammyBones
on 10/19/12 4:05 am
That is awesome! Congratulations!!!
Astro1
on 10/19/12 4:20 am
 Hey Holly,
Scroll down to the posting calling for all May surgeries to post how they are doing.  I saw your post first and you had your surgery on the 9th.  I have been keeping up with you as well because you were 2 days after me. Congrats on your pants size!  Whoo-Hoo!!!
Please come and share your experience for all of us, especially for those that had the surgery in May! Thanks, Jane  
sharoncarrie
on 10/19/12 7:37 am - Garland, TX
Congrats to you!! Blessings for continued success
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 66 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 245 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?