Finally got a surgery date!!

chaynladi
on 10/21/12 2:56 am
After waiting a month longer then they said it would take to get approval, I finally got the call on Thursday that I am approved and scheduled for December 5th. Yay!! Only down side is that I am going to have to start my liquid diet the week of Thanksgiving. How do you get through holiday's if you can't eat? I'm not so concerned about being tempted by the food or the fact that I can't eat it, but more concerned that everyone is going to feel weird with me not eating. Do I sit at the table with them or just hide in the other room... They all know what I am doing and why and are very supportive, but I know it is going to be strange.

Chihuahuan
on 10/21/12 3:14 am - New York, NY
RNY on 05/16/12
 Congratulations!   Personally, I used to avoid things at times so I would be tempted to hide, but I think just be out and proud and just state that you are following this process and having only liquids so that you can be around to enjoy future Holidays.  You will have to be strong probably since it will just be their human nature to say, "Oh what will this one little piece of ........ hurt you?"   It sounds like they are all great about being supportive so maybe you should start conditioning them now and reminding them well before hand that you will not be able to indulge in regular foods and to please keep that in mind and not make an issue of it.    It will all be worth it in the end.  Keep strong!!

Mark

whitetigress2011
on 10/21/12 4:02 am - CA
Congrats on the date. As for getting through the holidays I am not sure. I just had my surgery on 10/12 an I am wondering how the holidays will go.. best of luck and were saving you a spot on the losers bench..

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
SW : 372 CW: 299 1st GW : 250 2nd GW : 215 DR. GW:201My PG: 180
Anything below is a blessing from GOD

katmandu
on 10/21/12 7:09 am
 I have the same surgery date, how long is your preop diet? Mine starts the day before Thanksgiving.

chaynladi
on 10/22/12 7:47 am
Katmandu...I don't know for sure yet, but I think I may be starting the day before Thanksgiving too. When I met with the surgeon back in June to make sure he would be willing to operate on me because of my complex medical history, he said I would have to be on the liquid diet for 2wks before surgery. Which puts the first day on November 21st.

Amanda M.
on 10/21/12 4:26 pm
RNY on 01/18/13
Congrats on the date! I'm having surgery Dec 21, so Xmas is a concern for me.

good luck to you, and again, congratulations!
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 151 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views