Emotional

nikimona
on 10/22/12 12:13 am - FL
I am severely emotional. One minute I'm fine the next minute I am a complete mess. I get angry and the I get sad and then I start to cry. Is this normal after wls? I am SUPER concerned. Please advise.  

artroxy blue
on 10/22/12 12:19 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 It's normal. :) Your body is releasing all sorts of hormones stored in your fat, as your body uses it for fuel. However, if you feel like you cannot handle what's going on, please get some help. Some antidepressants may help curb the symptoms. ;)

nikimona
on 10/22/12 12:28 am - FL
 Thank you so much for responding so quickly to my question. I will talk to my pcp as soon as possible. I thought I was going crazy but now I see that 's normal after wls. Once again thank you. :)
artroxy blue
on 10/22/12 12:34 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
 Not a problem! We're all in this together. ;)

jessann5
on 10/22/12 2:21 am - Kansas City, KS
I went throught strange mood swings and depression. It was like PMS but so much worse! I was crying, angry, yelling, and then 5 min later I would be fine! It was like an emotional rollercoaster in hell and I never knew when one would come on it would just happen.

I couldnt take any more so I went to my doc and was put on depression and anxiety meds that I took for about 6 months. Thankfuly I am better now and don't have those problems as bad at they were at first and i am no longer on medications for it

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

Silverbelle69
on 10/22/12 3:06 am - Midlothian, VA
RNY on 06/05/12
Yes I did the same thing you are doing for the better part of 2 months after RNY.  One day it just stopped.  Good thing it did too because it would have been embarassing at work

Friendlybyte
on 10/22/12 3:51 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12
Yup... so normal!!  Funny how crazy I can feel from one minute to another and I even cry watching tv!!  It's like having PMS from hell!

weaverwoman
on 10/22/12 5:41 am - TX
I'm so glad you mentioned this!  I thought I was just short tempered because I've been "hungry" and tired since surgery.  Sounds like there's more to it than that.  It does feel like nonstop PMS.  Good luck at your appointment tomorrow.

kathyshrinks
on 10/22/12 5:45 am - WA
RNY on 01/18/12
Yep!  Been there.  It goes away, though, so take heart.